• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B Body stiffening

Darius

Local time
8:59 AM
Reaction score
I thought you all might be interested in seeing this.
I installed the inner fender component of XV's stiffening system on Thursday.
The lower radiator piece was welded in when we had the whole front clip off the car. It really made a difference just with the car sitting on the rotisserie!
Next step will be the frame connectors but I cannot flip the car on the rotisserie until I get the wheel houses and 1/4's re-installed. The entire car was too "flexible" in it's mid section when we raised the rotisserie to try to flip it.
AMD says the test 1/4's are "in the mail" and if they fit right we should have some available by Xmas or so. I'll NOT hold my breath!

IMG_0243.JPG

IMG_0244.JPG

You could try talking dirty to it. That might stiffen it up.

(work looks good, btw)

When you use the XV Motorsport rad cradle brace Keep in mind, you may want to leave out those little 2" extensions if your going to install a Crossflow Radiator.(Tanks in the side)

Ron

nice

I ordered their DVD to review some of their products

appreciate the pics and the review

XV Frame Connectors-Installed!

I finished this install today...
I spent about 5-6 hours grinding and fitting these in, could have been my one piece AMD pan install or, more likely, XV made their template from an original pan and the AMD one is slightly off.
In any case, the contours were pretty close. I probably took longer than I had too but was just being overly cautious.
This car is as solid as the concrete floor now! Can't wait to get it done and drive it!

frame Connectors 004.jpg

frame Connectors 006.jpg

frame Connectors 007.jpg

I forgot to say don't diss me too hard on my welds, I never welded a thing in my life before I started this project last summer, I am a 55 year old fart Carpenter!

Hey Darius, it's looking good. Keep the posts and pics coming, I require soo much car **** to think straight.

I forgot to say don't diss me too hard on my welds, I never welded a thing in my life before I started this project last summer, I am a 55 year old fart Carpenter!

welds are like women. they don't HAVE to be pretty, they just need good penetration! anyway, your welds look good from my house.

Looks real good. keep the pictures coming as your project moves forward.

that must be much harder to do if your car is not on a rotisserie ....

I've been thinking about using that kit for my 67 Belvedere. I'd venture to bet that "laser Cut" will just get you in the ballpark when your dealing with 40+ year old metal or new weld in peices. I'd be suprised if you didn't have to do any prep fitting.

How was it dealing with XV?

I've been thinking about using that kit for my 67 Belvedere. I'd venture to bet that "laser Cut" will just get you in the ballpark when your dealing with 40+ year old metal or new weld in peices. I'd be suprised if you didn't have to do any prep fitting.

How was it dealing with XV?

To be honest, XV was a pain in the ***! Everything came at different times. I finally got the piece that goes over the engine after install almost 10 months after I ordered it! They have NO follow up on back orders. i ordered one of their EFI set up fuel tanks along with all of the stiffening pieces and that took forever as well. It finally took some stern e-mails to get the back orders shipped. I honestly believe if I hadn't called them I still would not have the engine compartment brace.
Like the product, service leaves a LOT to be desired.
I e-mailed them about 5 days ago now asking about their electric window stuff and I still have not had a reply! I don't think I will be buying from them again unless there is some very compelling communication.
i am a businessman myself and I understand what it takes to develop a quality product and I understand overhead and mark-up and gross profit margins and all that stuff, but, I also understand that if I did not have a solid customer service program I would not be in business today, XV NEEDS to wake up on this!

You know they screwed up the order they sent to Powerblock TV Musclecar too. The left the pan hard bar out of thier rear susp package. I thought something must be wrong with them. You have a national TV show that your product is being showcased on and you leave a part out? On top of that, thier calipers are so rediculously thick they had to change them out for some Wilwoods to have any kind of wheel selection. Then when they finally got the panhard bar, the mounting design was so poor they felt they had to add all kinds of bracing so it wouldn't fall apart.

You say the product is subpar too? They sure are expensive to be making iffy parts AND have no cust. service.

Thanks for the warning Darius. I think competition engineering and global west may be my ticket.

Auto Transport Service
Back