• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-Body Wheel and Tire Master Thread

wthalin

Local time
8:39 AM
Reaction score
Hopefully this catches on and we can sticky this or something. Seems like there is so much info and many opinions out there on what fits on our cars. How about we just make a master list of what everyone actually has on their cars. If you are up for it respond to the thread with the info below and I can track it on this thread. It will help me out a bunch as I’m trying to figure out what combo I should go for and help
Many others out as well:

Car (year, make, model):
Front Wheel size (height, width):
Front Tire size:
Rear wheel size (height, width, backspacing):
Rear tire size:
Modifications made to fit wheels:
Anything else I’m missing from this list:

Wheel and tire combos are like Voodoo. Too many variables for what the end goal is. Stock, strip, street/strip, restomod, the list is endless. Your idea is admirable but there is no one size fits all.
Do your research toward your own end goal. Tons of good info on this site of what works and doesn't work. It's all here. A better search engine would help but the info you seek can be found.
No offense Joey.

Last edited:
Hopefully this catches on and we can sticky this or something. Seems like there is so much info and many opinions out there on what fits on our cars. How about we just make a master list of what everyone actually has on their cars. If you are up for it respond to the thread with the info below and I can track it on this thread. It will help me out a bunch as I’m trying to figure out what combo I should go for and help
Many others out as well:

Car (year, make, model):
Front Wheel size (height, width):
Front Tire size:
Rear wheel size (height, width, backspacing):
Rear tire size:
Modifications made to fit wheels:
Anything else I’m missing from this list:
Sounded like a good idea to me! lol!

Sounds good but rear differential width changes between years would muck things. As said a good idea, better than some space shot ideas have been around lately.

I still feel like it would be helpful info at least so people don’t keep asking the same question. If people knew what options had been done on their car it may help a few people, but I guess this won’t be happening… haha

One thing you may want to add....which brake system you want to add behind the rim. Stock drum, stock disc, after market disc and which after market disc. Caliper overhang, rotor diameter, rim width, rim diameter, rim design, rim backset, and spindle type all have to work together. Measure, research, ask questions, think. It all depends on what you're trying to build.
Tires are easy.

I just need wheels and tires to move my 72 Charger into my shop. What modern sizes will work? Will Ford or Chevy interchange?

Ford center are smaller .010/.020" they'll go on but removal.:eek: If you don't enlarge center and ONLY used ford as rollers a few washers on lugs behind wheels will work.

I found a set of universals with tires to buy. Will those work?

Auto Transport Service
Back