• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B S calls ROBO calls and the rest of the B ****

snakeyes

Local time
12:57 PM
Reaction score
why ? this is getting to me have no patients for this bull **** any more about to drop all of my contact s any more have had unlisted numbers for years I get too many calls, on the do not call list and now I get 30 more calls a day email is a pain in the *** dump my mail and get three times the next time some one has to stop this **** try and block **** and it gets worst ,its very hard not to answer the dam thing when your waiting for a call and not sure from what number it would come from ,how do you guys deal with this **** I never was good with patience and now since my heart attack they said I had I have zero patience , I`m starting feel like Sam now

As I was reading this got one. It had the last name of someone I know. I got pissed about these but not worth it. The lower my CC rate or I'm such a great customer blah blah blah.

Cut the cord with your landline and go cell only. I get a man minimal number of phony calls. I can recognize them and don’t answer. If they don’t leave a message I then block the number from calling me again. Very peaceful.

I posted in another thread a guy from Jamaica called 25 times in 10 minutes trying to give $21,000,000. That was by far the most persistent guy ever!

I use my land line to give out that number instead of my cell number to any entity that I figure is going to sell it to someone else and that includes most doctor's offices AND social security! Buying something on line also gets my hard line number. That's probably the worse offenders of selling your info to someone else. I get very very few junk calls on my cell and I like to keep it that way.

Caller ID & don't answer those you don't recognize
on newer phones, use the caller/# block feature too
turn your ringer volume down

unfortunately some are from co.'s you've dealt with
sharing &/or selling your info to others
charities are notorious for it, so are research co.'s that do surveys
don't agree to do any of them, will reduce the #'s

set you security levels higher on your computer too
I send anything no matter who it is I don't recognize to spam

I agree sometimes, it's crazy
especially between 8-10:00am & 5-7:00pm, seems the worst

having an unlisted # also helps some,
being in a phone directory has made many people targets
for that **** for years/decade or more

but robo calls go to every random # they can come up with

there's a do not call registry, you can turn repeat #'s in
not sure it really helps

good luck

Last edited:
nomorobo.com has helped. Only thing is you have to report numbers that get through and even then, not all of them get deleted.

nomorobo.com has helped. Only thing is you have to report numbers that get through and even then, not all of them get deleted.
Yes, NOMOROBO has cut my spam calls by more than half! It’s free for landlines, but they charge for cell phones. It usually works with any phone that has the call-forwarding feature.

Between my shop email addy's (3) and my cell a hundred hits a day is the norm..... I dont often answer, but as it's been said when you waiting for a call or mail it's a real PITA !

I have been getting Chinese recording voicemails with music playing in the background now on my cell. It's getting ridiculous!

I have been getting Chinese recording voicemails with music playing in the background now on my cell. It's getting ridiculous!
I’ve been getting those as well.
I’ve also been getting calls from just about every trucking company across the US. Apparently some dumb *** named Al put an application on line and left the wrong contact info. Unfortunately the number he left was mine. I’ve had at least 200 calls/text in the last 2 months asking if I was still looking for a job. I can see why Al is still unemployed.

I don't answer any call that I don't recognize, at all. If it's someone that knows me personally or someone that is somehow directly connected to me with my phone# they'll leave me a message and /or text. All else is bullshit.

I got one Chinese call. This robo crap has been talked about more than a few time on the news.....it's time to do something about it!

I tell my dermatologist not to block her number or text if they want to get a hold of me.....and I hate missing her call :D

Cindy-Photo.jpg

2 years after Cox Communications was going to have robo call blocking now is being offered, AFT! Just did all the mumbo jumbo, we'll see.

I guess it's better than being a SAP sucker?

I'm a Verizon sucker so that must make you a Cox sucker.
I guess it's better than being a SAP sucker?
Cox sucker only because I'm dumb enough to still have a land line and pay $45 a month that's the sucker part. Have all distance calling, US only. Should get a long distance calling and load up minutes. Think you can make it so you don't have to dial another 10 numbers.

I still have a land line....and guess where all of my robo calls go to?! I get very few trash calls to my cell phone because I don't give out that number to anyone but my friends and the one that did give it out to a 'contest to win a Ford pickup', 'she' got an earful for doing that. My cell phone junk calls did go up a bit but after blocking them, it went back down. Internet, doctors, insurance....you name it, all get my land line number and until the phone companies start blocking that ****, I'll continue to have a land line.

I have Nomorobo and it works on some calls. It catches some as "telemarketer" or "Suspected Spam", but 90% of the robo calls are either "unavailable" on the caller I.D. or now they are adding a made up name to put the element of doubt as to whether you know this person in your mind to get you to pick up. Worst part is, even if you pick up, there is usually no answer.

Auto Transport Service
Back