• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back in the Club!

vtadmax

Local time
5:58 AM
Reaction score
Hello all! After over two decades of life getting in the way, I'm finally reliving my youth and picked up an old Mopar. This is my first hot rod since my 20's. My previous Mopars were a couple of 67 Barracuda notchbacks and a 70 Challenger. My new ride is a 1964 Dodge Polara 500 2-door (thanks dsracing01!). It has a 440, slip yoke 727, and a straight axle 8-3/4. Other than that, it's pretty much original, so the suspension needs to be gone through and leaks fixed. I'm loving being back in the thrash! I'm hoping to have it back together enough for the Fall Fling.
IMG_1412.JPG
IMG_1413.JPG
IMG_1414.JPG
IMG_1415.JPG

Welcome to FBBO. Sweet ride you picked up. We're practically neighbors

Welcome from Texas and nice ride you scored yourself. Keep us posted on your progress.

Welcome vtadmax!

Couldn't you wait to get some wheels on it first :lol:

'64 Polara 500 was my first mopar when I was 18. Black on black with Cragar SS all the way around. Sharp looking ride!

Welcome vtadmax!

Couldn't you wait to get some wheels on it first :lol:

'64 Polara 500 was my first mopar when I was 18. Black on black with Cragar SS all the way around. Sharp looking ride!

Funny you mention that! It was a nice runner when I bought it, so the first thing I did was get some fatter meats for it (Mopar steel 15x6 front and 15x8 rear). It had the stock skinny 14" wheels with the spinner hubcaps. After buying the tires, I checked the front end and found it was completely wasted. I knew it needed work, but thought it could wait a little while. Anyway, that with the leaks, up on jack stands it went. Better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

Welcome from Ohio, always loved that backend.

Welcome, nice ride.
Whatcha got for wheels for that girl?

Cool Polara

welcome to FBBO from hot, dry & sunny NorCal mountains

Auto Transport Service
Back