• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back in the day

Car Nut

Local time
3:08 PM
Reaction score
Beany's Drive In
1f354.png
Long Beach Ca. in 1952, Circle Drive In Theater & The Clock Drive In
1f32d.png

People were still litter bugs back then, as you can see at the 20 second mark.

Check out MY BACK IN THE DAY
PA. REGISTERED IN MY NAME.
We my wife and I would drive 2 old cars to shows and park them side by side with these tags on them.

IMG_7415.JPG

Pretty cool. One observation, the employees appear to be adults, instead of zit faced teens that need a computer to tell them how much change to give out.

Pretty cool. One observation, the employees appear to be adults, instead of zit faced teens that need a computer to tell them how much change to give out.
And use their credit/debit cards to pay for a pack of chewing gum.

Ah, southern california in the 50's. That is the intersection of Ximeno & PCH and is
a few miles south of what was then Douglas Aircraft, & the Long Beach airport. As with
everything it don't look like that now.

You chose that picture for the Mopar in foreground, correct?

Yeah, we'll go with that. I like Burger King. The first one in the Detroit area, was on Telegraph Rd.....between Ann Arbor Trail and Joy rd. Whopper fry, and a Coke....99 cents.

I remember when McDonalds raised their burger price from 15 to 20 cents and at the same time began to advertise the burgers as all beef. I wonder what they used as "filler" in the original 15 cent burgers?

We still got a drive-in.

IIRC, Kresge's (the "K" in K Mart) also had a lunch counter.

I had a slice of pie once, but don't remember ever getting anything else.

Yeah, we'll go with that. I like Burger King. The first one in the Detroit area, was on Telegraph Rd.....between Ann Arbor Trail and Joy rd. Whopper fry, and a Coke....99 cents.

I remember burger king on telegraph. Use to stop for a bite to eat while cruising telegraph Back in the 60's doing a little street racing.

Auto Transport Service
Back