• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back in the day

Car Nut

Local time
5:47 PM
Reaction score
Beany's Drive In
1f354.png
Long Beach Ca. in 1952, Circle Drive In Theater & The Clock Drive In
1f32d.png

Check out MY BACK IN THE DAY
PA. REGISTERED IN MY NAME.
We my wife and I would drive 2 old cars to shows and park them side by side with these tags on them.

IMG_7415.JPG

Pretty cool. One observation, the employees appear to be adults, instead of zit faced teens that need a computer to tell them how much change to give out.

Pretty cool. One observation, the employees appear to be adults, instead of zit faced teens that need a computer to tell them how much change to give out.
And use their credit/debit cards to pay for a pack of chewing gum.

Ah, southern california in the 50's. That is the intersection of Ximeno & PCH and is
a few miles south of what was then Douglas Aircraft, & the Long Beach airport. As with
everything it don't look like that now.

You chose that picture for the Mopar in foreground, correct?

Yeah, we'll go with that. I like Burger King. The first one in the Detroit area, was on Telegraph Rd.....between Ann Arbor Trail and Joy rd. Whopper fry, and a Coke....99 cents.

I remember when McDonalds raised their burger price from 15 to 20 cents and at the same time began to advertise the burgers as all beef. I wonder what they used as "filler" in the original 15 cent burgers?

We still got a drive-in.

IIRC, Kresge's (the "K" in K Mart) also had a lunch counter.

I had a slice of pie once, but don't remember ever getting anything else.

Yeah, we'll go with that. I like Burger King. The first one in the Detroit area, was on Telegraph Rd.....between Ann Arbor Trail and Joy rd. Whopper fry, and a Coke....99 cents.

I remember burger king on telegraph. Use to stop for a bite to eat while cruising telegraph Back in the 60's doing a little street racing.

Auto Transport Service
Back