• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back to stock..... or at least closer.....

Hemirunner

Local time
11:18 PM
Reaction score
Helping my buddy get his 68RR running again. It's a matching numbers hemi 4spd car he bought when we were in high school. We're removing all of the junk speed parts we put on it back in the day. I freshened the hemi, removed the ginormous cam, put in a small hydraulic roller, dyno'd it and it's back in the car. Should run much better!
3E55CDF7-C4C5-4A7B-87AB-1B644022548F_zpsrcuxcrn0.jpg

Cool. 6bbl hood, huh? Pics of the rest?

49B7B92F-8C4D-42F1-97A8-7AB0269739E5_zpsc7rfuebf.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

AA38D090-BD29-4CD0-A6ED-63F2BC4CE384_zpsuhaawwfp.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Purchased in rough shape in '87 and restored by a couple of beer drinking idiot 21 year olds (us) back in the day. Car has maybe racked up 1000 miles since it was finished in 90 or 91. It sits right next to his bought new, under 20K mile Buick GN. The really weird thing about this car is that it was ordered GG1 and the original owner had them change it to white at the last minute. Fender tag and broadcast sheets all call for GG1, but 2nd owner said it was originally white with GG1 wheels. When I disassembled this car, it was originally white. No sign ever of GG1 except the wheels.

- - - Updated - - -

We'll be removing the gauges... lol

Sweet Runner. I've never seen a white one on the street or in a show. There were a lot of 68 RRs produced - were many done in white? Especially with an a12 hood.

The A12 hood is obviously not original as that was a 69 only package. We added that after a "high speed incident" that deformed the original hood. Luckily it didn't come back on the windshield/roof.

Cool!! But 'back in the day wasn't the 80's.....it's was when these cars were new! lol Hey, get some gauges from the 60's and replace those newer ones. A common thing to do 'back in the day' :)D) was to install a double set with oil and volts or oil and temp.

I was crapping my diaper when this thing was new! Lol back in the day for me will always be the 80's!

The 70's was really where/when the **** happened!!!!! That factory tach is about useless, anyways. I don't see mine when making a pass. I'm gonna hide a shift-light in mine.

2wqbw2g.jpg

MSD offers a "Tach Adapter" that I installed on my 70 with the MSD Distributor & 6AL box. Works great. Easy wiring.

A white post care. Love it! Make sure he gets the proper negative battery cable with the 90 degree mount.

Attachments

• 2014_03160003.jpg
    2014_03160003.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 116
Auto Transport Service
Back