• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back window trim clip locations

pro-streeter

Local time
2:45 PM
Reaction score
Replaced the Dutchmen and quarters.
Need a picture or diagram for the number of rear window trim clips and approximate placement.
Thanks in advance

I can give you dimensions off of my 68 GTX? Same glass, Same trim?

I'm a Machinist, so what I did was take a set of dividers and took the measurements to the
center of each hole from the seam on that rear panel. They are all the same height! The first hole is 1-1/2" to the left of the seam.
The second hole is 2-1/4" to the right of the seam. The third hole is 3-3/4" to the right of hole # 2. The fourth hole is 10-1/16" to the right of hole #3. The fifth hole is 7-3/8" to the right of hole #4. It's the same measuring from right to left also. The idea is to miss the center
where the left and right moldings slide into one another.
20190804_124738_resized.jpg

1. I'm a Machinist, so what I did was take a set of dividers and took the measurements to the
    center of each hole from the seam on that rear panel. They are all the same height! The first hole is 1-1/2" to the left of the seam.
    The second hole is 2-1/4" to the right of the seam. The third hole is 3-3/4" to the right of hole # 2. The fourth hole is 10-1/16" to the right of hole #3. The fifth hole is 7-3/8" to the right of hole #4. It's the same measuring from right to left also. The idea is to miss the center
    where the left and right moldings slide into one another.
    View attachment 811899

You're Very Very Welcome! That's what we're supposed to do!

Let me know how everything fits when the moldings are on. Who did you purchase the clip
kit from? What's the paint code???? Looks nice!

Let me know how everything fits when the moldings are on. Who did you purchase the clip
kit from? What's the paint code???? Looks nice!
Clips came from parts mix on eBay. I will keep you updated on the install possibly this week still. The color is surf blue. Thanks again

All done and looks great. Should have taken a closer pictures of the tear window trim
Thanks for all the help

05E296EE-EAC5-453F-98D4-4053A2BE93B4.jpeg 7AAA66C7-60B0-4C08-9EBD-D7C4DE67A295.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back