• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Backing plate to spindle gaskets?

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:52 PM
Reaction score
Does anybody know of a source for the gaskets that go between the spindles and backing plates on a front drum brake car? I've been looking around and can't find any.

All this material is just thin sheet packing "foam," although it can be tough to find. This foam usually comes between the glass and lid on new printers and fax machines. I know it's available in sheets, too, I just don't know where to get it.

That said, Restorations by Rick stocks them for $2/pr + shipping. Shipping will cost more than the part.

Last edited:
I couldn't find any gaskets Hunt2Elk, for my Coronet's rebuild over the summer. '64 Post has a good idea, find a similar material and cut to fit. I ended up using a high temp RTV after cleaning it all up. Lay a bead around, flatten with your finger.

Forgot to update this post, but Detroit Muscle Technologies had them in stock and in my hands within 3 days.

Auto Transport Service
Back