• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad *** Trucks!!!

A lot of nice stuff but hey where are the b series Mack trucks! Can’t beat a bull dog, and a golden bull dog at that! Nice to see how much a vehicle means to someone still! Years ago it was a source of great pride and enjoyment now most folks are stuck with disposable econoboxes for transportation purposes only as it costs to much to play with neat toys. Good to see someone proud of their dad too.. seems we need more of that even if dad isn’t blood related.
I belong to this Mack Trucks forum, some really nice old dogs on there.

https://www.bigmacktrucks.com/

logo1.png.e1f0fab7915fe82a308aac112e59b323.png

My good friend has a b series silver dog with a Holmes 850 on it and 40 ton belly winch the truck is a monster.. I learned the old Mack’s with camelback was bullet proof and the 20 speed suicide shift is crazy.. but it’s one mean old horse that seldom works up a sweat—- thanks for the pics

My good friend has a b series silver dog with a Holmes 850 on it and 40 ton belly winch the truck is a monster.. I learned the old Mack’s with camelback was bullet proof and the 20 speed suicide shift is crazy.. but it’s one mean old horse that seldom works up a sweat—- thanks for the pics
I learned to drive in a 1977 DM 800 with a 237 and a 5X4 "quadbox" 20 speed. No AC, no power steering, no radio...nothing but a straight pipe and a Jake for entertainment. When my Dad taught me, he told me that if I could drive that, I could drive anything. I've come a long way in the comfort department.

download (21).jpg

The old Mack’s were the bomb! That camel back suspension was unbelievable. They were strictly business and if I’m not mistaken you have a gold dog on that hood? I’ve driven a lot but the old DMs,R & B models are still so well built. I’ll have to get some pics of my good friends b model with a 850 Holmes wrecker body on it sometime.. it sold me on the old Mack’s...The new ones have Volvo in them and are not like they used to be. Wait till you get a new one with hill assist and the old Volvo I shift in it and it locks your brakes up dead in the intersection ..

The old Mack’s were the bomb! That camel back suspension was unbelievable. They were strictly business and if I’m not mistaken you have a gold dog on that hood? I’ve driven a lot but the old DMs,R & B models are still so well built. I’ll have to get some pics of my good friends b model with a 850 Holmes wrecker body on it sometime.. it sold me on the old Mack’s...The new ones have Volvo in them and are not like they used to be. Wait till you get a new one with hill assist and the old Volvo I shift in it and it locks your brakes up dead in the intersection ..
The Gold dog was a "special edition" option through the 70's and 80's. They usually were optioned with additional gauges, better, high back seats and even AC. I miss those old mechanical mack motors. My 73 DM800 had a 237 in it and would put most new trucks to shame.
You couldn't give me a Volvo OR an automatic...EVER!!!
Today, I am a KW man.

20200807_104850.jpg

I love the Pete’s and KWs . Well built and quiet on the inside seems most you need to open the window a tad before closing the doors... nice looking trucks too.. Volvo has Mack watered down, used to know the Mack was coming by the exhaust note, very unique , my buddies b series and dm are both silver dogs, b series has 300 or 350 small cam Cummins with 20sp, the dm has an econodine with Allison auto .. not fast but plenty of grunt . If I was to buy a newer truck it would be a Paccar product maybe an old CH series dog would be it... I do like my Dodge big trucks too I know where a real bighorn is nearby in a collection.. not the folding fender but the road tractor with a bunk.

I love the Pete’s and KWs . Well built and quiet on the inside seems most you need to open the window a tad before closing the doors... nice looking trucks too.. Volvo has Mack watered down, used to know the Mack was coming by the exhaust note, very unique , my buddies b series and dm are both silver dogs, b series has 300 or 350 small cam Cummins with 20sp, the dm has an econodine with Allison auto .. not fast but plenty of grunt . If I was to buy a newer truck it would be a Paccar product maybe an old CH series dog would be it... I do like my Dodge big trucks too I know where a real bighorn is nearby in a collection.. not the folding fender but the road tractor with a bunk.
My dream is to restore a 58-60 B model tandem dump. I also want to get my hands on an early 80's Autocar. My uncle has an 86 Autocar tandem rolloff with a galbreath body. It still works everyday, so he won't let me have it...yet.

I love my W900. It is truly the Mercedes of big trucks. Beautiful ride, all of the creature comforts and power for days. When I ordered my KW, it was truly my dream truck. I won't ever buy anything else, it's KW or retirement.

Good choice , what drive line and axles under it? I forgot about the old auto cars! Those were common around me as mixers.. I also drove a bubble top Hendrickson for awhile and knew a guy that was very proud of his brockways!

Last edited:
A towing company in Springfield Il runs old B Mack’s for wreckers everyday! You’ll see beautiful teal bulldogs up that way rolling down on I55... can’t miss them

Good choice , what drive line and axles under it? I forgot about the old auto cars! Those were common around me as mixers.. I also drive a bible top Hendrickson for awhile and knew a guy that was very proud of his brockways!
I would love to find an all original Brockway...before Mack bought them out. Even an old Marmon is a sweet truck.
My W900 is a 565 Cummins turned up to 605, with an 18 speed Eaton and 3.36 40K rears. It's a 295 inch stretched WB with the 86" Studio Sleeper.

I bet that drives awfully nice and smooth with that wheelbase.. can’t beat the Cummins , you got plenty of gear for long distance cruises! The colors look great on it too!

Hello,
built model trucks when I was young.
Mostly Peterbilts and Macks.
Today have my own forwarding company but no Macks or Peterbilts.
But for german roads perfect Mercedes Actros Racing Edition 1853.

A124E6B6-E7F6-4FE1-9D3F-2426932A7BFB.jpeg 984D34C2-08F2-495B-8CDD-F86D39B4D49F.jpeg 2CC30F00-58E1-419E-970A-C201FD8B1627.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back