• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baer SS4 disc calipers - anyone using them?

68 Sport Satellite

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:16 PM
Reaction score
Anyone using these calipers?
image.jpg

Currently have Wilwood forged dynalites. Rear drums. 15/16" cast iron Raybestos blue label box MC with 8" dual diaphragm booster. Pedal feel is good. Clamping force and stopping power at high speed is not. Several shops have recommended Baer as a much better alternative. Less caliper flex and more clamping force. They only offer this one caliper that fits 15" wheels. I do have caliper adapters and 11.75" rotors already with the Wilwood setup.

I'm planning on running them on the rear. My other car runs Wilwood.

Excellent! Any idea when you'll have them installed with some feedback for us? Since you're running wildwood like me, it would be great to find out your opinion. Why the rear only and not the front as well?

Late 2016 at the earliest. I'm running these on the rear only because the are small enough to clear the beadlocks on my wheels and have a caliper adapter that will hold dual calipers. I wi be running their larger brakes on the front. I have stopped my 4200lb car with Wilwood brakes from 140mph in the quarter with no issues. The rear drums aren't helping you. I may also have a 7/8 bore master. I would have to double check that. There are several other pad choices that may affect braking as well but going to four wheel disc would be a huge improvement. Don't forget the adjustable propotioning valve.

Anyone using these calipers?
View attachment 304185

Currently have Wilwood forged dynalites. Rear drums. 15/16" cast iron Raybestos blue label box MC with 8" dual diaphragm booster. Pedal feel is good. Clamping force and stopping power at high speed is not. Several shops have recommended Baer as a much better alternative. Less caliper flex and more clamping force. They only offer this one caliper that fits 15" wheels. I do have caliper adapters and 11.75" rotors already with the Wilwood setup.
Did you install the Baer’s?

Nope, never pursued this. I don’t put many miles on the car but next time I need pads I am going to try a more agressive compound.

Auto Transport Service
Back