• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bam bam Flintstones needs advice on header installation.. the engine in a 67

sleepar

Banned
Local time
12:29 AM
Reaction score
The engine is not centered in the car... 2 1/2 " to the passenger side on small block and 5 1/2" up from the cross member... is what I jave gathered from tti... well a 67 is a notorious one year only model in many ways... anyone else have specification from mopar on this ...

318 auto 440 coronet 4 door column shift... a original everything..
440 model not motor..

Pretty sure the engine being off center is to:
1. Allow room for the steering box
2. Provide ballast for the steering box and battery.

Yup, engine is moved over to make room for the steering box and column and it also provided the driver with more room for the pedals which also provides the driver more foot room. As for balancing out the ballast of the car...never read that but when you consider the weight of the driver (most cars only carry a driver), it makes good sense but imo, it's moved over mostly for room for other parts. Also, the 66 Coronet is pretty much the same car....

I know but what are the dementia ... from mopar

- - - Updated - - -

There should diagram and spec sheet .... Hunter had one for strighing the body from a collision... every production car was slightly off some more thsn others ...you know what im asking for ... please and thanks... like me or not help a mopar bro

- - - Updated - - -

67 318 la unique to it self almost every part engine and crossmember

Just swapped a HEMI into my 67 and you can really see the offset. It's how the factory built em.

What exactly are you looking for?

i still struggle to undertsand every sentence you type, is it just me?
all mopars engines are off to the side are they not? my 440 in my 68 charger sits approx. 2+" to passenger side.

yes, they are all off to passenger side. The original poster is gone, nothing more to see here, move along

Auto Transport Service
Back