• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bare metal / SS protectant

1967coronet440

Local time
9:14 AM
Reaction score
anyone know of a protectant I can use on ss or bare metal parts such as wilwood brake hubs, axle ends, I really don't want to paint them as I like the look but I want some type of protectant on them, I was thinking maybe just a clear coat over them? Thanks for any input

Pictures for reference of parts I'd like protected.

IMG_1026.PNG IMG_1170.JPG

My powder supplier has a few different formulations of ceramic clear that might be what you're looking for. I have some of the MC-160 for polished metals and am VERY happy with the results. It's marketed as the "World's Strongest Clear Coat." Here's a link to that portion of their website.
https://www.clearcoating.com/
These are the Before and After Pictures of some Polara headlight rings:

Eddie Rivera and Eric Oleksiak 014.JPG
Eddie Rivera and Eric Oleksiak 016.JPG

After a few minutes on my buffer, here they are with the MC-160 Ceramic Clear.

Eric Oleksiak & Fox Shox 002.JPG

Eric Oleksiak & Fox Shox 011.JPG

My powder supplier has a few different formulations of ceramic clear that might be what you're looking for. I have some of the MC-160 for polished metals and am VERY happy with the results. It's marketed as the "World's Strongest Clear Coat." Here's a link to that portion of their website.
https://www.clearcoating.com/
These are the Before and After Pictures of some Polara headlight rings:

View attachment 412268 View attachment 412267
After a few minutes on my buffer, here they are with the MC-160 Ceramic Clear.

View attachment 412269

View attachment 412266
Thanks, I'm going to check them out

Shark hide... 69$ quart seems to work on my pontoon boat aluminum says any metal

Auto Transport Service
Back