• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barrett Jackson Scottsdale

FitzyB5

Local time
7:10 AM
Reaction score
Anyone seeing these prices at Barrett Jackson today? Good time to buy not sell. Many Mopars.

Such as?

TIA

Hemi RR
Hemi Challengers
Hemi Cuda
Convertible Coronet RT
Hemi Coronet RT.
Too many to list. Been on History channel all day since 3pm EST. Lot of beautiful cars.

Didn’t even know that was happening....and I’m just down the road?

Says live, but thought Scottsdale was in January ? Guess they changed it. Just looked it up, covid rules apply.

Just turned that on. Not a lot of people there? Strange.
This event was not well advertised locally if at all....Probably to keep people away.

Mecum in TX last week was the opposite, crazy prices and people spending. Trucks were through the roof.

BJ cancelled Las Vegas and Palm Springs annual auctions adding the October fall auction. Someone else mentioned that it could be limited to registered bidders only, or limited tickets sold which is probably the situation,
Another thing I’ve personally witnessed the past several years is small auction co adding the number of cars and annual auctionS. I’m sure it’s not an impact on a BJ / Mecum / Sotheby’s etc auctions .......yet....
but, one things for sure, theres a change in the future of the televised, fakery, auctions. Look at the number of longtime family owned and operated auction companies already bought/sold, and now focus on muscle cars, trucks, gas station memorabilia, etc.etc. I personally saw some of the best “from out the wood work“ cars such as original paint vehicles and several better quality MoPars rarely seen for sale. With that said, I believe everyone should experience a BJ or Mecum auction If nothing else to see for yourself the extremely small number of cars that sell for ridiculous amounts, or really sell at all . When you see this circus, it really puts it all into perspective......
my apologies that I turned a comment into my personal soap box / rant....I apologize.....

Kissimmee is traditionally January.

Most shows will have an "original air date".

it's all "no reserve" cars

haven't watched yesterdays 'yet'
I DVR'd it
our power/electricity has been spotty
may not be on for a couple of days, fucken' PG&E BS

the BJ boys had canceled the earlier auctions because of
all the 'China' Wuhan Flu Pandemic crap/govt. restrictions BS

the Scottsdale auction is still in Jan.
this was a special auction date, in Scottsdale/Westworld
they had to do all kinds of air-handler A/C BS
(state & local govt. hoops to jump thru)
they "allegedly" will still be doing the 2021 Jan. Auction now too

yep as someone also said;
It's closed to general admission
bidders & consigners only

I saw Thursday & Friday actions, seemed like quite a few good deals
1st 2 days (or 3-4 days normally) are always better deals
but the 'Super Saturday' on this auction is/was supposed to be the big deal

Auto Transport Service
Back