• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bart Starr, what a legend

Definitely The Man for Lombardi’s offense! RIP

Sad to see this. he was a legend!! played in the golden era in my opinion! RIP Mr. Star. and thanks fir the memories!

As a former professional football fan and former Packer fan, I'm sad today. Bart was the best there was, he also made it a point to come back to Green Bay even when his health was not so great. RIP Bart.

Only quarterback to win three championships in a row , including Super Bowls 1 + 2

Met him numerous times over the years working at the Airport - Beyond nice and respectful is an understatement

I drove by Lambeau Field this aft to pay my respect in the Bee , nice little cruise

They are ripping down the original hall of fame and Brown County Arena across the street from Lambeau Field

Beautiful WI day , about time

I am a VIKINGS fan -- but am sad today --
Bart Starr exuded class and professionalism...
Was truly a GREAT of the game -- shows greatness does come in all colors (even green and cheese whiz)
R.I.P. Bart -- I'll bet Jerry Kramer patted his own butt in tribute....

85 y/o, Bart Starr was always a class act
a great guy, really good QB, one of the best for his era

RIP Bart

I have been a Packer fan since I was 9 years old in 1961. It was Bart, who inspired me to read the first book I ever bought, his biography. He was and always will be one of my hero's as noted above. A truly great person and married his childhood sweetheart, Cherry I believe was her name. I also recall he ran a Ford dealership in Alabama some where, "That's okay Bart, I forgive you." Of course had to read "Run to Daylight" by Vince Lombardi, followed by all 3 Jerry Kramer books as well. He was a pillar of perfection and gave his all in everything he did. A loyal gentleman right till the end. He was and always will be an inspiration to me to always try to do the right thing, regardless of the situation. Rest in Peace Bart as I and thousands of others will never forget you! Thank you for all the memories! :(

Auto Transport Service
Back