• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

battery cable

ord27

Local time
7:29 AM
Reaction score
mine is a 318 car '70 coronet. I'd like to change out the positive battery cable. When I price them, the small block cable is significantly more expensive than the big block one. What in the heck could be the difference between these two cables? and, wouldn't a big block cable work on my small block just fine?

Not sure what the difference is but I will tell you that I had trouble with a repop cable for the roadrunner and I'm not the only one. I had a no start issue that drove me nuts because the cable was only a few months old so I didn't suspect it. I just ended up with a parts store generic but it's been fine ever since

If you think their expensive check out a Hemi pos. cable. I had to buy 1 when I went to a Hemi, cooked the end, but will not pay the insane price their asking. Put on a $2.00 new cable end and works fine.

In my experience, for most applications, the small-block cable is slightly longer than the same big-block cable. I use the small-block cable on big blocks where a mini starter or headers are used, the extra length allows for the correct cable routing.

Auto Transport Service
Back