• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Battery tray and "holes" in side panels.

Mocajava

Local time
9:21 AM
Reaction score
The battery tray is gone with rust and the inner fender( engine bay) is cancered all the way down and must be replaced. This can be remedied with a new tray,bracing and some sheet metal. What are the "holes/windows" in the inside fender wells and what is their function? The driver side "hole" is half eaten and I may just patch with sheet metal wothout recreating the hole if it is not important.

The windows are for adjusting the alignment on the upper arms, there is a plate to cover them

If memory serves they're handy for getting to some of the spark-plugs also.

Thanks gentlemen. I am assuming by these responses that I need to retain the access holes. Kind of thought so but wanted to ask the "professors " first. Now I have to figure a way to replicate that rusted section....

Might be easiest to just buy the inner fender well and cut what you need out of it.

Auto Transport Service
Back