• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Battery Tray

BeeKool

Local time
11:07 AM
Reaction score
Have any of you welded a support from the tray to the subframe? With day 1/8" rod?
20180214_190528.jpg

This looks/feels way too flimsy to hold a battery.
It would be much easier to do before I drop the motor in.

Where are your lower braces?.. and a '69 tray also has a top brace from pan front to inner fender. 70's have a front bolt into the rad support.
beerestoration2015 330.JPG
beerestoration2017 1148.JPG

You seem to be missing the "J" nut clips that slip on the inside of the fender-well on the top of the subframe as well.

Looks like you had the same problem I had on my 71 Satellite. On the lower right side of your picture there should be a hole like others have said. I believe at some point the battery tray rusted out, and the inner fender underneath rusted out. Someone patched up the inner fender with no regards for battery tray mounting holes. I had to replace the hole inner fender on mine to correct the issue. They had even welded up the access hole to adjust the cam bolts.

You seem to be missing the "J" nut clips that slip on the inside of the fender-well on the top of the subframe as well.
Do you have any pics? I'm going to order everything I need today. Just want the battery to stay put. I'm not concerned about authenticity, this is a resto/mod/tribute.
Are the lower braces from all 68-70 B-bodies the same?

Looks like you had the same problem I had on my 71 Satellite. On the lower right side of your picture there should be a hole like others have said. I believe at some point the battery tray rusted out, and the inner fender underneath rusted out. Someone patched up the inner fender with no regards for battery tray mounting holes. I had to replace the hole inner fender on mine to correct the issue. They had even welded up the access hole to adjust the cam bolts.
Maybe. Whoever did it did a good job on the body work, if need be I'm not above making a hole if need be.

Auto Transport Service
Back