• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD BB Harlan Sharps

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldkimmer

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:02 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Roller Rockers. 1.7 ratio. These were mocked up only. See pics. Rockers only $1000.00 usd plus shipping, shafts $100.00 usd extra plus shipping. Alum hold downs $75.00 usd extra plus shipping. The hold downs are not Sharps from what I can see online. Thanks kim

5D752B12-27C5-479B-A002-17E5F16AE14E.jpeg 4D362303-E76B-4CF7-91FC-D5ABBF1AD175.jpeg 232313B8-FD4D-4FAD-A640-A3AF4E0B2838.jpeg 1876A2B1-9889-4D2A-BD6C-8373A22B8A71.jpeg 2A574BF6-10FC-4B82-8282-B7CB032971A0.jpeg 363D0646-5153-45D1-8836-63DB17EA75CF.jpeg A950C8F4-7A86-41C5-8699-BEF44BFC6422.jpeg 81014A8C-3999-469D-8B55-34AE7982C257.jpeg

Last edited:
Hmmmm ... where are the bearings ???

Well I wondered that too. Does anybody have any input on these. Harlan’s are the only 1s I’ve seen that colour. Maybe someone will shine some light on these. Kim

The only thing i can figure is because they're 1.7 ratio the adjuster screw is too close to the shaft bore to install a bearing and still have any strength.

for sure the part number i have (Trick flow heads application) has the needle bearings. i know there is more than one part number for these.

Are urs 1.7s? I don’t see any numbers of any kind on these rockers. I believe the guy I got them from that they are Sharps. I can’t seem to find anything on these w/o the bearings. Thanks. Kim

mine are 1.5, but im looking on their web page, and they dont even show a 1.7 available. are you sure they are 1.7???

and how old are they??

I’m actually not positive of there ratio. Don’t know how old either. I got them in the bucket. The old guy has bbd 1.7 Harlan Sharp on the lid. He has passed away and I got them from his son. The adjuster does seem to be closer to the fulcrum/body than the 1.6s and 1.5s I have. They are not Sharps though. I couldn’t find anything by surfing the net either. Kim

In these pics u can see the the difference in length from the Crane Gold 1.5, the PC 1.6 and this Harlan 1.7. So this Harlan is 1.7. So I’m a little confused still as to what they really are. Kim

Mancini racing used to catalog harlans without the needle bearing shaft support like the hughs rockers?

Thanks, I have heard that, but idk for sure. Someone also thought they were Hughes. If so they should be a pretty good rocker. Maybe someone will make me an offer. Kim

Last edited:
They look like what i am using, i was told mine are likely Mopar Performance or Crane.
Mine are 1.6 ratio and also have no bearings in the rocker bore.
No logo's or part numbers strange enough.
Maybe this helps on info, good luck with the sales.

IMG_3799.jpg

I have the crane golds and the Mp with no bushings also so I’m not sure. I just haven’t seen anything else the colour they are. Kim

The M/Perf. used to put out a blue color rocker but I think they had the needle bearing? I have an old M/P catalog somewhere.

my stage 6 mw rockers are blue m/p's no bushing or bearings , my blue cranes are no bushing or bearings , but we just ordered h/s 1.6 n 1.5 rocker combos with bushings kit for our 440 build . it was over a year in wait time . anodized rocker bores are stronger then bushed . and both are better wear on the shafts then needle bearings . i've looked at a lot of toothed up shafts from needle bearings that don't get a ton of oil through them . i've got buds that do bonneville saft flats and run the high r's for miles . the guys with needle bearing rocker most have return hoses from the rocker covers to the pan on there early hemi's . there has been many write ups bearing verses bushing . bushing always wins , there is less load on the point of contact , less wear , run longer , less adjusting . if it was not better why would we wait . the rest of the engine is done . we just need pushrod lengths now . and of course the cam n hyd rollers installed . this is a one off cam shaft , with a profile of its own . my grinder said it should pull from idle to 5500 like a train . this dart will boggy !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back