• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bbody Parking Brake questions

Macdon221

Local time
4:54 PM
Reaction score
Charger Parking brake....

Are there any gaskets that go on the 2 bolts that secure the parking brake to the firewall?

It looks as if in Mopanations build thread there are 2 white foam gaskets maybe? Where can i find these? Looked at DMT but maybe i missed them in one of the sets

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...gtx-restoration.127388/page-13#post-910655320

I have the grommet with the pins that fits in the firewall hole for the cable exiting the firewall into the "wheel whell"...is there a special body plug that goes into the lower hole where the cable turns and goes back into the body under the car?

Thanks

Perhaps things changed over the years as am in the process of doing this on my 67 Coronet and I do not recall any foam washers on the firewall studs. I know this has never been removed because I had to chip away the under coating to get to the nut heads inside the fender. Also there is no grommet on the frame where the cable is routed towards the rear of the car.

I am trying to take my parking brake off 67 gtx. Is there a bolt inside that mounts the mechanism to the a pillar? I can't seem to break it loose.

Thanks a bunch. Now, I can't seem to locate it. I have removed the inner fender wall nuts and detached the switch. Will detach the cable. Is it located close to the dash. I see a 5/16 bolt but it appears to for the dash brace. Any photo or help appreciated.

The bolt is hole is circled gotta push the pedal down a bit to see it.
B82B4042-3214-4842-B717-A22A854FDC68.jpeg

Thanks, my set up was so tight that the lever didn't expose the bolt. Got it now.

Auto Transport Service
Back