• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Be careful out there folks

YoungGun87

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:23 PM
Reaction score
Thought I lucked up and found a good deal on CL.
Had this guy try and claim this was an original restored rallye wheel off a 70 b body car, even told me it was when I specifically asked if it was an original.
The first ad I found, it was listed for $500 only to end up seeing he posted another one 3 days later for $600.
After talking with him on the phone I even said he listed it for $500 and still tried to pull the $600 on me.
A day later, today, after saying I would have to give it some thought, he went back to the initial $500 + $35 to ship. It's a good thing Friends and Family wouldn't work when trying to pay on the phone because now I have some recourse to get a refund and that's just what I did and waiting on now.
After further investigating true original wheels I noticed they had part #'s stamped in the back of the spokes and the guy's first ad, it was hard to see if they had any or not due to being wrapped. The second $600 I could see that there's no part #'s in the back of the spokes and the blue horn connector also threw up a red flag. Well the guy isn't responding to texts nor calls so it's safe to say he knew exactly what he was doing and I believe he was full of **** the whole time.
There's 2 things I can't stand in this world and that's a liar and a thief. Just be straight the **** up with people.
First ad
Second one he claimed he posted at the same time but was really 3 days after the 1st.
ad.pngad1.pngpg.pngpg1.pngcli.png

Always be wary of people who cannot spell correctly, or give a detailed description of the item.

That advert had a vague bit of information....a true MoPar guy would go in reams about how good & rare it was. Details with numbers etc.

Lesson learned for sure.
He told me he had restored A bodies for 25+ years and was thinning out some of his collection because he's supposedly doing a '70 Cuda now(hard to believe that too)
Said he figured out he could make more money putting the same effort and time into B/E bodies.
I should have known better.

The giveaway of an aftermarket wood grain wheel is that the spokes are too shiny compared to an original wheel that has more of a satin/silver finish to them…

Auto Transport Service
Back