• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Been a long 5 months

68 HEMI GTS

Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
fired up the chicken today and moved it around.

Also found this video on the camera from October. It’s cleaner than the phone video I’ve posted previously.

wow your car really took that hell cat off the line line . very impressive . fantastic car.
are you running VP racing fuel or half half pump and racing fuel?
tomorrow I'm firing up my ride , I got my drive shaft back yesterday , so tomorrow going to the shop and finishing up
the work left on her.

I just run pump premium in it. The hellcat was coming in high gear. Think he had 3 to 4 mph on me at the traps.

no more 6bbl ;-( {sad face}

sounds good, looks great :thumbsup:
runs great too
great job on the RR, thanks for sharing
that Hellcat was really coming at the end

no more 6bbl ;-( {sad face}

sounds good, looks great :thumbsup:
runs great too
great job on the RR, thanks for sharing
that Hellcat was really coming at the end

Don’t fret, 6 bbl will make a tryupent return in 2018!!

wow your car really took that hell cat off the line line . very impressive . fantastic car.
are you running VP racing fuel or half half pump and racing fuel?
tomorrow I'm firing up my ride , I got my drive shaft back yesterday , so tomorrow going to the shop and finishing up
the work left on her.
I talked to the TECH guy at VP Race Gas and he confirmed to me that if I take 2.5 gallons of VP 110 and 2.5 gallon of Premium 91 Octane pump gas I will end up with 100 Octane Gas and he said it doesn't hurt anything to mix the 2 together.

I talked to the TECH guy at VP Race Gas and he confirmed to me that if I take 2.5 gallons of VP 110 and 2.5 gallon of Premium 91 Octane pump gas I will end up with 100 Octane Gas and he said it doesn't hurt anything to mix the 2 together.
I called the other day as well, we were using c12 and mixing it ,he said if was fine.
they have so many blends , witch one is best for the price. I'm not sure how available they all are up here in Canada , Sunoco sells some too
for about the same price
were thinking of buying a big barrel for the summer fun , I'm just nervous of having a big thing of gas ,will need to get a flame cabinet
and see what insurance says.

I'm just nervous of having a big thing of gas ,will need to get a flame cabinet
I bought a 55 gallon drum of Sonoco race gas. I use a Harbor Freight manual pump to get the fuel out. Discovered soon thereafter the timing was way too far advanced in the 421 Tri-power in my wife's GTO. I've been using it to blend with 93 octane no ethanol pump gas for track day for 3 years.

Love your RR. We have called our's the "Chicken" since buying it new in '69. What ET did you run vs the Hellcat? I did not see it in the video nor the post. What did the Hellcat run? I'm guessing you were around 10.95? We're hoping to get our N/SS car to the first race next Saturday. Woke up to more snow this morning...UGH!!

Love your RR. We have called our's the "Chicken" since buying it new in '69. What ET did you run vs the Hellcat? I did not see it in the video nor the post. What did the Hellcat run? I'm guessing you were around 10.95? We're hoping to get our N/SS car to the first race next Saturday. Woke up to more snow this morning...UGH!!

He widdled the hellcat down to 11.0 something after a pass or two. Hellcat was stock other than drag radials and something with the air intake. That's all I could get out of the roadrunner that day was 11.0's also. Converter is a bit tight compared to the one I broke. I don't have any of his slips because they only give you your lane on NO ET. Here's mine from that day.

image.png

Thanks for posting. What gears are you running in the RR? It runs almost identical to mine.

4.10 with a 28" Hoosier.

This is the best pass it's made through the mufflers with the other converter.

image.jpeg

Seems we all set the timing by the *** dyno:drinks:30* felt GREAT in the street.
When I went to the track I took out 2* per run starting at 30* and each pass on pump gas it picked up till it fell off a tick at 24*.So now I know with the street tune that 25/26* is the sweet spot.Real happy with a mid 9 at over 140 on pump:D

how much h.p. you have , dyne tested ?
I yet to see a new customers barracuda he lowered the compression on it when they rebuilt it and on the Dyno he has 460
on pump gas , but he restored the car stock ! and doesn't drive it!
he has manual steering and drum brakes all around. he saw my car and well I think he is back next fall for a disc brake upgrade
and p.s.
I told him now is the time to drive it , cause your Kids who are 20 don't want it, they want a wrx or evo
he said they told him to sell it cause he doesn't drive it.there you go . you here people saving the car for their kids who have no interest
I grew up on smokey and the bandit bullit and dukes of hazard . they grew up on ( proud to say never saw one) fast and furious

Auto Transport Service
Back