• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Been a while since I posted in this particular thread. A few updates on my 70 V-code Roadrunner

biomedtechguy

Accelerati Rapidus Maximus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:38 AM
Reaction score
I just received all of the parts to replace my front suspension. Long story short, I had a problem at Cruisin the Coast 1st week of October that could have been tragic. Stripped nut on UCA bolt and my tires went from fine to belts showing "overnight"
Never was able to get the front end aligned fully. So I decided to jump all the way in. QA1 everything including the tubular K-member except the UCAs which are SPC. I'm excited and got everything for around $1,740 free shipping.
I have had problems with my 3x2 Holley carbs since Promax modded them, and I installed my Carter M6903 mech fuel pump. Once I get the issues resolved to where it's running fairly good, I am stoked to install my Innovative Motorsports dual wideband O2 system. That is going to be a GREAT tool to really get my 6bbl tweaked to the max! I also installed Viking double adjustable front shocks and Competition Engineering CEE-2730 rear shocks in an effort to improve traction. I replaced the bench seat with some nice yellow w/black trim Scat Procar bucket seats.
Here's a few pix:
20181002_115630.jpg

My car and my wife's 421 Tripower 65 GTO: Some GTO updates too!
20181003_162219.jpg

The new Quick Performance Ford 9" based killer rear axle assembly and UMI suspension parts for the 421GOAT.
20180926_132958.jpg

and the 4 wheel Wilwood disc brake system too (with line lock)
20180926_132937.jpg
20180926_133846.jpg
20180921_160629.jpg

And another Roadrunner pic
20181002_193911.jpg

I love the goats color, totally tit's! If I didn't have my 66-300 it'd be a 66 GTO! Gotta love the slab sides!

Great to see you enjoying the Mopars! Thanks for bringing us up to speed on your projects.....Since you been away from the obvious thread section here you have been busy in a good way....

Happy to see you enjoying things....

Gotta love the slab sides!
Thanks. There are a few things about the 65 that draw my eyes. The horizontal chrome and black taillight/rear panel, the stacked headlights with the peak at the top front and I think the body line (highlighted by the creamy white pinstripe) at the top of the middle sides that rises around the rear window and into the rear quarter panels. The 65 is a menacing, gangster like car with class!
The Isis mist 65', your wife's?
It's IRIS (like the flower) Mist. Chevy named it Midnight Orchid. It was a ONE year only color on the GTO. Yes, about 4 or 5 years after we missed out on a Maize Yellow Royal Bobcat GTO she found this one at Volo. The previous owner was Gunner Nelson!
.Since you been away from the obvious thread section here...
:thumbsup: Too much :BangHead: and :drama: and for me to be there right now. :D
...you have been busy in a good way....
Happy to see you enjoying things....
A lot of what you see was done up to and into the week of Cruisin the Coast. Now that I'm not under that time constraint I'm going back to fix some things and have some done that it's time to do.
Thanks for all the nice comments!
:luvplace:

I just received all of the parts to replace my front suspension. Long story short, I had a problem at Cruisin the Coast 1st week of October that could have been tragic. Stripped nut on UCA bolt and my tires went from fine to belts showing "overnight"
Never was able to get the front end aligned fully. So I decided to jump all the way in. QA1 everything including the tubular K-member except the UCAs which are SPC. I'm excited and got everything for around $1,740 free shipping.
I have had problems with my 3x2 Holley carbs since Promax modded them, and I installed my Carter M6903 mech fuel pump. Once I get the issues resolved to where it's running fairly good, I am stoked to install my Innovative Motorsports dual wideband O2 system. That is going to be a GREAT tool to really get my 6bbl tweaked to the max! I also installed Viking double adjustable front shocks and Competition Engineering CEE-2730 rear shocks in an effort to improve traction. I replaced the bench seat with some nice yellow w/black trim Scat Procar bucket seats.
Here's a few pix:
View attachment 684202
My car and my wife's 421 Tripower 65 GTO: Some GTO updates too!
View attachment 684203
The new Quick Performance Ford 9" based killer rear axle assembly and UMI suspension parts for the 421GOAT.
View attachment 684204
and the 4 wheel Wilwood disc brake system too (with line lock)View attachment 684205 View attachment 684206 View attachment 684207
And another Roadrunner pic
View attachment 684208
Beautiful cars! I see your '70 Roadrunner has the "larger diameter 15x7 rallye" wheels on it. How do you like them? Size(s)? Did you have to modify your wheel wells at all? Tires? Sorry for all the questions....I've been looking at those wheels.

Beautiful cars! I see your '70 Roadrunner has the "larger diameter 15x7 rallye" wheels on it. How do you like them? Size(s)? Did you have to modify your wheel wells at all? Tires? Sorry for all the questions....I've been looking at those wheels.
Year One Mopar aluminum Rallye wheels.
8x17 front w/4.5" backspacing
9x17 rear w/5" backspacing
315/35/17 rear drag radials
TOTALLY STOCK suspension and wheelwells!
The rear tires are perfectly centered and should have come from the factory this way! No rubbing at all!
https://www.yearone.com/Catalog/wheels/wheels/yearone-mopar-rallye-wheels/mopar-rallye-wheels

I'm not a Chevy guy but if I were to buy one it would be a mid 60's like your wife's, sharp car. Your car on the other hand... I'm diggin it, sweet ride!

Can't wait to hear how you like that suspension upgrade.

I'm not a Chevy guy but if I were to buy one it would be a mid 60's like your wife's, sharp car.

Thanks,
But neither are we "Chevy" fans...
It's a Pontiac GTO! GM A-body...same as Malibu, ElCamino, Chevelle, and Cutlass?
Anyway, as far as GM cars go, this EXACT one is our favorite. 65 GTO is the pinnacle afaic of styling and performance when upgraded to a 421 Royal Bobcat package.
I am sure once I get the 3 Rochester 2bbl carbs sorted with the appropriate modifications, or if that fails a 3x2 throttle body injection system, the rest of the build specs on the 421 will have it screaming into the mid to low 12s.

This is a great story to give you some background on the Royal Bobcat packages from Royal Pontiac in Royal Oak, MI.

This is a great story to give you some background on the Royal Bobcat packages from Royal Pontiac in Royal Oak, MI.

There is a guy around here with a Royal Bobcat, I see it all the time at local cruise nights... very cool car.
BTW I really dig your Runner.

You think that Jim Wangers wears a toupee?
He should get a chin strap for that thing, it looks like it would fly off in high wind. I'd hate to see him lose the $25 he spent on that fine hairpiece.

Oh...
I'm impressed with the amount of CAR related posts you've made lately. The time away from the Political forum surely affords you MORE time with the Wife and cars!

You think that Jim Wangers wears a toupee?
He should get a chin strap for that thing, it looks like it would fly off in high wind. I'd hate to see him lose the $25 he spent on that fine hairpiece.
Jim Wangers is AN AMERICAN ICON of the muscle car era, and the heart and soul of the very definition of passion for muscle cars! Jim was kind enough to autograph a picture of my wife's GTO. He wrote a book I highly recommend called "Glory Days" Anyone who knows the feeling of being a classic muscle car affecianado can hear that when Mr. Wangers talks about Pontiac and the GTO.
Unfortunately Jim recently has fallen under the effects of alzheimer's. He is in an assisted living facility, and there are many in the Pontiac community and even me, who loves Mopars above all cars but I certainly appreciate the GTO in general, ours in particular, and ALL of the true high performance Pontiacs "back in the day" all the way up to the G8 of a few years ago. Anyway we are writing letters and sending pictures of our cars to Jim to help him hold on to the best part of his memories.
Up until the last couple of years, Jim was a welcome sight at any Pontiac event, and I regret never having met him in person.

Way to keep it classy KernDog...
:poke:

I will take a ride in either, maybe next time I am down.
I truly regret not having time to hang out with you, and better yet go for a rip in the Roadrunner. I'm writing this during a very short break in a Saturday work day, at the same facility that I was working at when you were here. They open Monday and I have to finish checking their medical equipment.
Great meeting you wagonman, and I hope to be a better host when DennisH and Darius visit the Gulf Coast for
Cruisin the Coast 2019....:confederateflag:
Thanks for the swag too!
:lowdown:
:thumbsup:

Love Biomedtechguy's mods on his 70 RR. Sharp as hell !!!!!

I have 15 x 7 fronts and 15 x 8 rears, ralleye wheels on my 70 Satty droptop. No clearance issues at all. Got my wheels and centers from Summit, Wheel Mystiques I believe. The trim rings were from an ebay guy. PM me if you're interested.

IMG_5853.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back