• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Been following this Charger

From A to B

Local time
3:18 AM
Reaction score
1968 Dodge Charger for sale
Factory 383 2bbl, automatic car
Factory silver with red interior color combo
We purchased the car from the original owners about 4 years ago, it is completely unmolested and very original.
Runs and drives, drivetrain believed to be original
Will come with seats(need to be redone)
VIN, fender tag, body stamps are present
Very solid underneath
Have a video of it running and of the underside, reach out to see
Asking $36,500
Call or text Tony @ 505-503-3274
Clean CA title
Located in Brentwood, CA 94513

1968.jpg

1968 1.jpg

This Charger is tempting me because of how complete it is. It was posted on CL for about a month and then dropped off. The seller has many other vintage cars for sale including other Chargers. I plan on paying him a visit in February to chat. Any thoughts on the condition for the price? The lower 6" on the rear quarters needs some love and the usual Charger weak spots. My main concern are the frame rails and torsion support. I have left a message let's see what happens.

This add is on Facebook btw the link would not follow.

Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Any Idea how long it's been on island? I probably don't need to tell you this but cars on islands rust in places mainland cars don't typically rust... I had a 71 Challenger on Guam, it had been on island since 71 & I got it in 79... It had rusted through the roof from the inside out, same with the firewall & the doors.... Areas that the factory didn't bother to paint because they aren't exposed to the elements well salt air carries it's corrosive elements every where...

On the other hand if it's been stored in a garage or storage building it could be fine, I also lived on the cliff in Santa Cruz Ca. for a couple years & experienced bare metal stuff rusting after it set outside for one night but I had a 340 air cleaner assembly I glass beaded to bare steel that sat in the garage on the work bench for about three months & never rusted at all...

Any Idea how long it's been on island? I probably don't need to tell you this but cars on islands rust in places mainland cars don't typically rust... I had a 71 Challenger on Guam, it had been on island since 71 & I got it in 79... It had rusted through the roof from the inside out, same with the firewall & the doors.... Areas that the factory didn't bother to paint because they aren't exposed to the elements well salt air carries it's corrosive elements every where...

On the other hand if it's been stored in a garage or storage building it could be fine, I also lived on the cliff in Santa Cruz Ca. for a couple years & experienced bare metal stuff rusting after it set outside for one night but I had a 340 air cleaner assembly I glass beaded to bare steel that sat in the garage on the work bench for about three months & never rusted at all...
Thanks for the response. This car is currently located in CA and it looks like from the plates it was a CO car. Do they salt the roads in CO? I lived in the NE for 5 years and the salt roads are car killers. I currently live in Hawaii but the car is not from here.

Thanks for the response. This car is currently located in CA and it looks like from the plates in was a CO car. Do they salt the roads in CO? I lived in the NE for 5 years and the salt roads are car killers. I currently live in Hawaii but the car is not from here.

Much better situation... I think Colorado uses sand not salt...

We used to use sand. Still use sand a bit, but in 1996 they started spraying that deicer (mag chloride?) on most of the roads, and that is pretty harsh.
Colorado is a real dry climate state with low humidity.
My 1969 Coronet 500 was an original Colorado car with no undercoating and the floor pans have no rust.
On the other hand, the normal lower rear quarters, trunk extensions, and around the back window needed repair patches.

I saw that car for sale last summer from Brentwood. I can’t remember the price, but I thought it was high then. I still think it’s high.

He probably got it for $15k 4 years ago. And now wants more than double. The prices are getting to the point where the new **** is looking better.
Sounds about right, to me it is worth 20K if it checks out. It is only worth what someone will pay for it lol!

If the unibody rails and floor panels are in good shape it will sell for near the asking price. Sweet car.

If the unibody rails and floor panels are in good shape it will sell for near the asking price. Sweet car.
We shall see, I am planning on looking at it. It is a nice Charger. The main thing for me is that the frame rails are in good shape. The lower 6" in the back is not a problem and trunk panels are expected to be toasty. Same thing for around the back window. He has many cars for sale including a couple of R/T's, but an R/T should be brought back to OG imo and that is not my intention.

30 for the one in the OPS post.
or this one?
I know which one I would be after.
Not mine or do I know the seller , just posting the link

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/d/phoenix-1970-dodge-charger/7434655049.html
That is a very nice '70 however I am set on a '68. Like I said before I would more than likely offer around $20K. It looks to be a complete car (says it's running) and although it is a nice color combo Silver/Red I am going Triple Black. $30K plus for a non R/T is high imo.

Show up with a bag of cash to make a deal right then and there. The appeal of no hassle with checks/transfers/etc can make a deal.

You know I just realized i already posted this car. I meant to list another, apologize

Last edited:
A bit high for my wallet. I would say 20 to 25 would be on the current market.
It is still a significant project.
If it was a H code 383 HP in that color combo = Then it would be a different story!

Auto Transport Service
Back