• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bees

wahya

Local time
9:43 AM
Reaction score
I was doing some work in the yard this morning and I had my garage door open. A friend stopped by and we talked for a while inside the house. When he left, I walked by the garage and heard all this buzzing noise near the trunk of my car (which was open). There were bees everywhere. The trunk was invaded and the inside of the car had a bunch as well as the rest of the garage. I didn't want to start spraying around the car, so I carefully got in and backed it out of the garage. I managed to take a broom and persuade them to get out of the trunk. I then rolled all the windows down and went for a rather quick ride. The bees all flew out. I was amazed that I didn't get stung. I sprayed the garage and the rest of the bees either left or went to the ground. I put the car back in and shut the door. Interesting morning.

It was. Just glad they weren't super bees.

had the same thing happen once. I stopped by Mom and Dads, parked where I always did. We my daughter and I came out, the car was covered in bee's. I shooed enough away from the car so I could get in and run up the road, and get the rest out. When I got back, I checked the ground, and I had parked on a hole in the ground where their nest was.

when I painted my old 68 Charger R/T '77' Corvette Bright yellow {brightest yellow at that time}, many moons ago {like 1980ish}, many bugs of all types & especially the bumble bees & yellow jackets, were attracted to it & would sit on it too...

There was almost always a wasp, hornet, or small bees nest in the driver's fender of my 70 Super Bee.
I always suspected it was because of the color (Top Banana), or that there was some kind of kindred spirit karma going on.

This car was a daily driver, so it was in motion a lot.

They got to be kind of tame and didn't bother me at all. Freaked out a lot of other folks though.

Somewhat related- I used to work out of a sturdy, manufactured home type portable structure. My office was in the back corner, and it had the secondary entrance door, with an awning and wood porch and steps. For years there was a hornet's nest or two hanging under that awning. They never bothered me at all, and I frequently came and went through that door. ...but if anyone else tried to come up to "the back door", they would go crazy and dive bomb. I called them my specially trained guard hornets/ alarm system.

Or these.......................
snl_killer_bees.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back