• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Begging for attention

rolling_Thunder

Local time
6:10 AM
Reaction score
Well guys I fail to make much progress on my 64 Polara - mostly due to the Russian thing, the Job thing, Corona thing... Anyway - Finally getting some small progress - got the 440 together and some induction mocked up.

This was a 1969 440 block, forged crank, forged pistons, and nothing special at all on the short block. Up top is TF240s and obviously the 6-71 mocked up with dual Demon 850s in one pic and a MOPAR 4bbl intake on the other -- the 4bbl will be used for engine break-in and initial set up for the car - once all the bugs are worked out I plan on swapping the supercharger on. Headers are Doug's but honestly a little small for my application but the price was right for the time being as this is a budget build.

Transmission will be an A833 4-speed and the rear is a 1970 8 3/4 from a Charger with 3.91s SG ---

IMG-6525.jpg

IMG-6528.jpg

Roots street cars are fun. Just don't add much total timing. It doesn't need it. What compression and drive ratio?
Doug

Your going to have fun with that. Enjoy it

Roots street cars are fun. Just don't add much total timing. It doesn't need it. What compression and drive ratio?
Doug
The compression ratio comes out to right at 9.33 and I plan on running a mild 6-8psi... so I have a pulley set up for about 7.27% overdrive to start - should be an anemic 5-6 psi but I can always go up from there.

sweet,think that would look great in my Bee but the hood might not close :lol:

Yep been looking for my 1 year only hood so I can put a 6 pack scoop on it.

Well I'm across the country but got pretty nice metal one out back.

I once made a fiberglass trunk lid using Plaster of Paris soaked cotton sheets and then blankets. Bonded in small conduit for support. Worked fine, but be sure to let it cure inside the mold for a few days.

Question : Did you remember to machine a 2nd Keyway in the Crank Snout ?

Just say'in....
it's not "if".... but "when" that stock Keyway if it's all by itself..... will just shear off trying to turn that Blower

PS: and remember to use a Steel Scattershield with that 4 Spd behind a Blower if you like your Toes still attached to your feet ?

A fiend of mine had an unfortunate incident of late..... 40-50 year old flywheels/components can let go and an Aluminum Bell no more than butter to those hot knife flying parts......
pieces went right out through his lower frt Fender !

Last edited:
Question : Did you remember to machine a 2nd Keyway in the Crank Snout ?

Just say'in....
it's not "if".... but "when" that stock Keyway if it's all by itself..... will just shear off trying to turn that Blower

PS: and remember to use a Steel Scattershield with that 4 Spd behind a Blower if you like your Toes still attached to your feet ?

Second Keyway = Check

Scattershield = Check - will be running a factory bellhousing with the 4bbl setup but have a scattershield for when the blower goes on.

Man! I loves me some Roots blower action. I've driven one before and like all the looks and the performance. Faster with finnegan has roots blowers on his projects a lot.

The compression ratio comes out to right at 9.33 and I plan on running a mild 6-8psi... so I have a pulley set up for about 7.27% overdrive to start - should be an anemic 5-6 psi but I can always go up from there.
My small block runs 12psi on 8-1. Reworked factory iron heads. [email protected]/.550" cam, 2 Eddy 750's. Runs 11.0's@122 at 3875lbs in street trim with good rear tires. More cubes. aluminum heads, you'll like it.
Doug

RR 340.jpg

Nice! I ended up with the 9.3 compression so if I decide to ditch the blower it wouldn't be a complete slug.

Auto Transport Service
Back