• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bella was cold

BB BELLA

Local time
2:04 AM
Reaction score
Bella spent most of the winter on the hoist! got her drivetrain in and buttoned up late fall last year! My son tested her locally on the street to see how everything worked and being satisfied she was going to stay together drove her to work 25miles ea. way last fall and was pretty happy with the results of the makeover, 500ci stroker zf s6-40 trans [6speed manual from corvette]. on the way home he noticed a bit of whine from trans so he put her back on the hoist when he got home., she had a bit of leak from trans. input shaft,checked level and it was only down an ounce which is a lot for the amount of time it had been tested but not enough to cause any noise. [being a used trans. that he got a deal on thought maybe that's why it was replaced [it seems dealers didn't work on these they just replace them]
Over the winter when cold out we tried to fire her a few times and she was unwilling to light,oh well not a big deal just pushed her over to the other bay where she slept for the winter with new trans. seal installed! Last Friday was the warmest we'd had all winter +10c so he texted me and said he was going to try and wake her up.
text "Holy ****"
my reply"she started?"
text " she went out and put black marks all up and down the street"
reply "LMFAO"
To make a long winded isolation post even longer
He told me the trans. is still making noise from input side so out it has to come again and try to figure out what the issue is, trans,trans alignment,throwout bearing or something else with the strange combination of mopar to zf install!
these trans. had a special clutch on them and I'm wondering if it was done to absorb some noise and what he's hearing normal in this application with the 11" clutch! although he said he didn't hear the noise when first driven, custom cars are sometimes a pain, but I think that's the part that gives so much satisfaction when all the quirks are eliminated!

if anyone one has input on this, have at it! I don't expect much because I don't think this combo has ever been done before when I talked to quicktime they said they could make a bellhousing $$$+
IMG_0239.jpg
IMG_0331.jpg
but it had never been done before, my son made his own and I guess that's the first place we'll start with measurement confirmation being it really sounds like an input issue!
the 2 pics. are from late last summer!

Oh the things that happen when your Mopar kid works at a Chevy dealer!!! LMAO
beerestorationmay2019alignment 070.JPG

looks good Id love to have a 6 speed....

I don't have good pics. of the car with all the trim on. It has been wetsanded but not buffed! after driving it to work and the comments he got on the paint,he might leave it the way it is! paint looks old not like it just came off the showroom floor, suits the car! there was nothing wrong with the original paint other than someone tried to patina it and make it look rusty with some brown and clear added, it wasn't a bad attempt but there was a minor spot showing at the bottom of the rear window we wanted to investigate whether it was body rust and a very small crease in quarter at bottom so he decided to strip the car so everything could be properly assessed! He just straightened the crease and everything else was really good! I got him some new tail lights from a member here in nevada I think, and some other original colour interior pieces from john hoover. the rear bumper has a small dent that is noticeable and that's about all it needs to be a good straight car with all original panels. It only has 15,000 miles on it somebody parked it inside and forgot about it, it seems!

looks good Id love to have a 6 speed....
want some advice , don't try to make a zf work! you need fab and imagination skills I can't begin to tackle! I was skepticle of his ideas at first,but when he fabricated a speed shifter and relocate for an nv4500 in his first BB Blazer and it worked I stopped questioning him

the newly southern rebodied 2wd 80 blazer has gen6 BB/6-71blower/ 5 sp. richmond and lincoln 9" should be a good race when there both complete!

found a pic of bella with trim on., you can just see the blazer 6-71 blower peeking over the front end of it, mechanical is complete just need to finish painting front clip!
bella.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back