• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Belt Question

tnfastback

Local time
1:59 AM
Reaction score
Did Chrysler/Mopar ever put white lettering and numbers on the original belts or only as a service dealer item?? I see some originals where the part numbers are either yellow, white or just molded into the belt only.

ACE4964C-84E3-47F3-9B6E-4DA672084AEC.jpeg

Last edited:
Depends on what years you’re talking.. earlier (69 anyway) had the part number embossed in the belt with no paint.

Probably molded in. 99% sure
Beware of cheap licenced repop ones. Had one fail with not much use on it and had have friend bring me belt when I was out for a cruise

I think the late 60's, early 70's they were embossed into the belt, then they started the white branding. The belt you show could be an original or one that was sent to the Mopar dealers that hung on their racks back in the day, before lean manufacturing begin. I work in what used to be a Goodyear belt and hose plant. The belt like you show and the ones sent to the dealers were premium belts, the best you could buy. We used to cut thousands of Mopar belts, those were the days. Anyone have a belt or hose question, I can probably answer it.

Search Result For "4041437"
Part # Application Description
4041437 1976-78 P,D,C FAN BELT WITH A/C /318,360 2 BBL

Auto Transport Service
Back