• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bench seat 4 speed '73 Roadrunner?

71newport

Local time
11:53 AM
Reaction score
Below is a link to a set of vintage slides for sale on Ebay (I'm not the seller). They show a beautiful and nearly new '73 Roadrunner 400 with a bench seat 4spd. I've seen tons of 4spd 73 and 74 Roadrunners, but always with buckets. Anyone ever have or seen one with a bench seat? Must be pretty rare. Frankly, I think this car is super cool. Hope it survived.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184808508979

I have a buddy out in Vegas that has a 73 with a bench seat 4 speed RR. He inherited it from his uncle who was the original owner.

The B2 bench seat was standard with an optional C2 bench seat with Decor group. Buckets were optional. So one should expect to find cars with bench seat.

73_RM21_E68_D21_c2l3.jpg

Not rare at all. I've owned a few bench 4-spd RR's and even a 71 GTX 4-spd that was optioned with a bench seat. I've seen a lot of bench seat cars that were changed to buckets but was left with the bench shifter setup which is different than the bucket shifter.

Yup yup, I have a 4 speed 340 73 RR with a bench. I got it from the original purchaser who ordered that way just for street racing. He told me he had did that because the bench seat was lighter than the buckets. I have not seen the car in 2 years or so but I think it was manual steer, and no AC for the same reason.

I have a 73 340 4 speed RR Bench seat...

Agreed. the bench had the mount further up on the trans from what I recall. Along with the hole

was told if I put a bench shifter in my car I’d be shifting from the backseat. not at all.

Auto Transport Service
Back