• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bench Seat Assembly Help

petieg383

Local time
6:05 PM
Reaction score
Guys, what is the proper way to attach the back part of the front bench seat to this middle "hinge" part? My RR had just a normal bolt and nut combo on there which was never really secure and eventually came apart.

Is there a better way to re-attach this because trying to use a normal nut/bolt combo is freaking impossible to assemble. Have a look at the pic and let me know your thoughts. Appreciate all the help!

Image-20.jpg

One of the reasons why I shipped my bench seat to the buyer intact.
I'm sure someone can help you.

The center should have a welded solid pin with the end turned up. You have the seat back off, you tilt it up to get the bent tip in the hole, then lower it to normal position and push toward center of car to install the outer arm over the pin on the outside of the seat bottom. Attach retainer there. Then the plastic trim covers that area.

The center should have a welded solid pin with the end turned up. You have the seat back off, you tilt it up to get the bent tip in the hole, then lower it to normal position and push toward center of car to install the outer arm over the pin on the outside of the seat bottom. Attach retainer there. Then the plastic trim covers that area.

Is there a name for this mysterious part? Or a photo?

Auto Transport Service
Back