• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Benpak is out, looking for "American made"

747mopar

Local time
12:30 AM
Reaction score
I was pretty set on buying a Benpak until some research showed unhappy campers finding made in China stickers all over them so they're out. Buying a lift is a serious decision and American Made is all I'll buy, no Chinesium crap. Looking into Mohawk and Worth right now, any suggestions?

Don't be disappointed if you don't find a USA made lift company that isn't horrible or fly by night. A lot of them are putting their names on the china lifts.

At the time I bought my Bend Pak, they were made in China, and assembled in America. No issues in years. IMO, look for the certifications they should have. I think it's ALI. Not sure. Good luck with your choice. The ones you named are good lifts.

Talked to Worth today, I believe that's what I'm buying. Waiting on the call back but according to the gentleman I spoke with Worth and Mohawk are the only 2 left making theirs in the USA. Need to ask about the certifications and a few other things but if it checks out that's what I'm buying. Going with a symmetrical lift, don't see the need to open doors fully while on a lift. Seams silly to trade off lifting ability for opening a door??? They have a special on free shipping this month:)

You will appreciate asymmetrical and clear floor if you don't get them. My lift is rated at 10,000 pounds. None of my vehicles come near that. Even with asymmetrical arms, it's hard to get into my 2013 Ram. If you don't get asymmetrical arms, you will need to get an extra wide lift to get into and out of the car.

You will appreciate asymmetrical and clear floor if you don't get them. My lift is rated at 10,000 pounds. None of my vehicles come near that. Even with asymmetrical arms, it's hard to get into my 2013 Ram. If you don't get asymmetrical arms, you will need to get an extra wide lift to get into and out of the car.
I'm all ears, so far my knowledge is coming from salesman, starting to think lift salesman are liars because I'm getting a lot of contradicting info? Looks like Whip us another American made lift?

Forgot to mention that the clear floor option really comes into play when your car doesn't run, and you are trying to push the car over that lump on the floor. Also, one less thing to trip over, or collect spilled oil. Do your own research. Salesmen will try to sell you whatever they need to move.

Forgot to mention that the clear floor option really comes into play when your car doesn't run, and you are trying to push the car over that lump on the floor. Also, one less thing to trip over, or collect spilled oil. Do your own research. Salesmen will try to sell you whatever they need to move.
Thanks. So far the ones I'm looking at are all clear floor lifts. Trust me I'll do my own research which is what this thread is about but you have to start somewhere. Talk to salesman, garages, people who have them, compare notes, etc. I'm trying to settle on something before the garage is even started so I can accommodate whatever is necessary whether it be a footer or extra ceiling height (looks like 13-14 ft will do on height).

I was about to push the button on a worth lift as well seems like a good lift I use a Mohawk everyday at work it is heavy duty but a pain in the butt I do not care for it Talk to a lift installer I got a very nice top of the line rotary lift about 8 yrs old at the time that they pulled from a Sears store that was hardly used 2400 installed love it

My 2 cents is I have a A sym Worth from Fort Worth Texas.10K lbs. Been using it for 18 years now.Not one problem. I bought a 4 post from them also for storage.

Had Mohawk at the shop, so I got one for my own personal garage, going back 20 years or so, great product... highly recommend

Hey Dev,

So I assume you have then thought about 4 post vs. 2 post lifts and are going for a 2 post?

I have a 2 post and like it - better for truly working on the car. If you want one that does a bit better for stacked storage, 4 post is probably the best. But I'm sure you already know that.

My lift is also a convertible type that can be both an asymmetric or symmetric two post lift. This gives me greater flexibility to place the car further foward or back, based on what else I need to do in my smaller garage. If you have a tight space, this may help you...

Hawk

Hey Dev,

So I assume you have then thought about 4 post vs. 2 post lifts and are going for a 2 post?

I have a 2 post and like it - better for truly working on the car. If you want one that does a bit better for stacked storage, 4 post is probably the best. But I'm sure you already know that.

My lift is also a convertible type that can be both an asymmetric or symmetric two post lift. This gives me greater flexibility to place the car further foward or back, based on what else I need to do in my smaller garage. If you have a tight space, this may help you...

Hawk
Lifts take up space so I want the most versatile lift and stacking isn't a concern to me so yes a 2 post. As for space I'm actually buying the lift before I build the garage haha. Thanks

Had Mohawk at the shop, so I got one for my own personal garage, going back 20 years or so, great product... highly recommend
That would probably be my first pic but can't afford it:(.

My 2 cents is I have a A sym Worth from Fort Worth Texas.10K lbs. Been using it for 18 years now. Not one problem. I bought a 4 post from them also for storage.
That's what I wanted to hear, talked to the owner and he promises it's all American minus the chains which he says he can't find made in American. It's between a Worth and a Whip right now, the Whip is $100 more (also American) but the Worth offers free shipping at the moment so??? Going to look over the designs and choose.

Auto Transport Service
Back