• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best lube/grease for window lift mechanisms, gears, and tracks?

idrivemopar

Local time
3:31 PM
Reaction score
So, getting ready to re-install my window mechanisms, and the serrvice manual says to use Lubriplate or equivalent, but there are at least 20 different kinds of Lubriplate, so what is best to use on the window lift plate slider, tracks, and gears?

I just used white lithium grease in a spray can, worked great for me.

I used the same Mobil synthetic that I use for just about everything else. It's hi-temp stuff so it won't melt all over the inside of your door. Spray can white lithium sounds like a good choice too.

I use disc brake wheel bearing grease (as recommended by NuRelics).

White grease here. You have to consider if the temp gets really cold a thick sticky grease will tend to bind up.

White grease here. You have to consider if the temp gets really cold a thick sticky grease will tend to bind up.

If it gets that cold, I'll be driving my truck . :black suburban:

Good point though.

all the window regs we install here in the shop get white lithium.many of the factory ones we get come pre lubed with it as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back