• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best place for plastic rechroming

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:57 PM
Reaction score
For my 69 Charger, I think I would like to have the chrome strip on my dash pieces redone and am wondering where the best place to have it taken care of? Anyone been through this recently and have some recommendations?

Go to jay leno garage site. There is a do it yourself rechrome tool. Works good and is cheap.

Go to jay leno garage site. There is a do it yourself rechrome tool. Works good and is cheap.

Whereabouts on the site? I can't seem to find anything to do with plastic rechroming.

The dash pieces for my GTX are at GCAR as we speak.
GCARTRIM.COM

Ron

The dash pieces for my GTX are at GCAR as we speak.
GCARTRIM.COM

Ron

I did check into them, and kind of got a sticker shock. $355. plus shipping for my 5 piece set. Granted this includes painting the black and white lettering also. I am hoping to find somewhere that just does the chroming so I could do the rest, but maybe there is no service like this. Anybody ever try the foil chrome as a do-it- yourself project?

I did check into them, and kind of got a sticker shock. $355. plus shipping for my 5 piece set. Granted this includes painting the black and white lettering also. I am hoping to find somewhere that just does the chroming so I could do the rest, but maybe there is no service like this. Anybody ever try the foil chrome as a do-it- yourself project?

You get what you pay for or what you expect,Gcar did mine,wasn't cheap but probably nicer than new,worth every penny !

You might want to check in to the spray chrome process. I had my dash chrome done with this and it is far superior to anything I have seen other than maybe the vacume chrome method...............................MO

I had Gcar do the dash bezel for the Belvedere and I was hoping for better.

H2E, I went through these guys, recommended by ilm65. Real nice folks out of Michigan. Cost me $55 bucks a couple years ago to have my dash bezel re-chromed. Turned out great!

http://www.vacuumorna-metal.com/content/restoration

dp.jpg

Thanks Will - Just called them. They are the most reasonable so far. $339. to restore the set of 5. Repops are selling for $495. so I would be better off having mine restored. The endless black hole money sucking continues.

The endless black hole money sucking continues.

LOL! Hey no sweat.. Glad I could help contribute to your dwindling bank accounts demise. At the rate we're going we'll be sharing a beat down sky blue double wide from 1963, living on Chef Boyardee. But hey.....we'll have some pretty awesome cars parked outside!

LOL! Hey no sweat.. Glad I could help contribute to your dwindling bank accounts demise. At the rate we're going we'll be sharing a beat down sky blue double wide from 1963, living on Chef Boyardee. But hey.....we'll have some pretty awesome cars parked outside!

Don't forget the Ramon noodles. 5 for a buck. We lived on them while broke and going to school. The good ol days.

You could try MR.Gs in fort worth. They are not rechroming any more but they are still selling what they have in stock. So it will be kind of hit and miss, but sooner or later hopefully there will be deals to be had

Auto Transport Service
Back