• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best place to order parts?????

Hemi2Much

Local time
7:15 AM
Reaction score
What is the general consensus for the best place to order all new OEM style brakes and suspension? My 1966 Coronet will need everything from bumper to bumper.
What would most people recommend to do in this situation as well?
I have a 66 Coronet true Hemi car but Non-matching ##.
It has a replacement 67 block. From my understanding, the original block was replaced shortly after ownership by the dealership.
The date code on the block is 10-3-66 Fender tag Scheduled Production Date is 3-11-66
I don't have the money to do a Concourse restoration on the car and I'd like to keep the car as close to original as possible but what about safety? Would you upgrade the brakes or steering?
right now it only has a single reservoir non-power brake w drums on all four corners.
The car has no power options at all.
Would y'all keep it original or upgrade to at least power drum brakes with a dual reservoir master?
I've been looking around and can not find anyone that has everything needed for suspension and brakes in stock in one place. about half of everything is on backorder or out of stock.
I'd like to get this part of it complete before the engine comes back.
Just so I can drop the entire K frame and replace all the rubber in the entire suspension.
Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Here’s what I’ve don’t

on my challenger I used pst suspension, Kyb shocks, wanted bilateins but they were out of stock anyways. I did spend a bit more on that car but when I bought my satellite it had a cpp front disc brake conversion and I replaced most parts from auto zone (tie rods, shocks) and when I drove both cars the satellite rides much better.
The satellite taught me that 70s engineer was great for daily driving and comfort. It’s not a track car but it ride great and I have so much fun plus all the parts have lifetime warranty so it keeps cost down in the future and i haven’t had any issues.
That’s just my opinion.
On my canaro I did spend more money on upgrades but looking back I wish I hadn’t

I guess the best thing I can say is it all comes down to what you want to do with the car. Now that I’m older I prefer a smooth ride and comfort over stiff rollercoaster like handling.

When I did the restoration on my '68 Charger R/T, I went with the PST suspension rebuild kit, ordered my brake shoes (Raybestos) from Rockauto. My Charger has the heavy duty suspension with 11" shoes. I can't recall where I got the brake hardware kits from, but the ones I received from Rockauto were junk. Maybe NAPA. Check out the vendors on this site before you place your orders for any parts.
I went with KYB shocks, but recently ordered Bilsteins. I have not installed them yet. Definitely go with Bilsteins if you can.
Do your homework and use the search option on this site if you have questions about a specific part/topic.
Good luck!

When I did the restoration on my '68 Charger R/T, I went with the PST suspension rebuild kit, ordered my brake shoes (Raybestos) from Rockauto. My Charger has the heavy duty suspension with 11" shoes. I can't recall where I got the brake hardware kits from, but the ones I received from Rockauto were junk. Maybe NAPA. Check out the vendors on this site before you place your orders for any parts.
I went with KYB shocks, but recently ordered Bilsteins. I have not installed them yet. Definitely go with Bilsteins if you can.
Do your homework and use the search option on this site if you have questions about a specific part/topic.
Good luck!
BTW, The 11" non-power brakes have plenty of stopping power.

You need to be careful with adding PB to a Hemi car. They had a special offset booster to allow some room for removing the valve cover - but still not fun.

I have absolutely everything in stock that you are asking for --- in Quality parts ---
The entire Front End --- Suspension --- Upper & Lower Ball Joints, Upper & Lower Control Arm Bushings.
Steering --- Inner & Outer Tie Rods & Sleeves, Idler Arm & Pitman Arm &
The rest --- Stabilizer Links and Strut Rod Bushings, &
Also, the Upper Control Arm Cam & Caster Bolt Kits, if you want them....

I have absolutely everything for the brakes as well, including *** N.O.S. *** U.S.A. made *** Brake Drums. &
*** N.O.S. *** Asbestos *** Brake Shoes and a whoooooole lot more for the 11" x 3" Fronts, and the
11" x 2 1/2" Rears....

I am leaving Monday night for Chryslers @ Carlisle, the
# 1 Mopar event on planet Earth!!!

Are you coming ??? You can pick everything up, and save a ton on shipping !!! Stop by at H 106 - H 108 .....

I would happily leave my phone number, but as per forum rules, you have to P.M. me..... Yours, Craig...

P.S. --- the reason half of everything is on back order, from the sources above, is that Chineseum boats are slowed down right now, and the tariffs on containers have skyrocketed, so that they need to fill them up to capacity, or they are getting hammered..... Fortunately, I don't deal with Wuhan specials....

Can also fix you up easily, quickly, and inexpensively with a single Master
Cylinder to Dual Conversion, that will handle all your needs, until you start using your car as a taxi cab in New York City!!!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Hemi2much / Joseph won't be able to make Chryslers @ Carlisle this year, but we spoke --- he is a Great Guy -- and he is getting absolutely everything from me -- I have to UPS everything to him after Chryslers @ Carlisle....

I will be careful to not sell my very last of anything that is part of his order at the show, so I can send him everything "as lickety-split fast" as possible... Joseph is sending me a check at the tail end of next week, while I am Chryslers @ Carlisle...

Thank you Joseph / Hemi2much..... See a lot of you at
Chryslers @ Carlisle....Yours, Craig.....

Looking for 11 x 2-1/2" brake drums for rear of my 66 Satellite 4 spd. Dana manual drum brake Hemi car. Mine are rusty/badly pitted but don't look like they've been turned. Haven't looked at the fronts yet but will likely need them, 11 x 3" (?). No luck at auto parts stores and the usual Mopar sources (Classic Ind., Year One).

Try NAPA I found some parts for my large drums there. I believe I had to use a 73 Chrysler New Yorker to get the parts to show up.

BTW, The 11" non-power brakes have plenty of stopping power.

Take the car up to 80 MPH & try to stop it.... Then tell me again how you like those brakes... Back in the 70's I had a few cars equipped with non-power 11" drums... 40-50 even 60 MPH they were fine.... 70 they were sketchy... 80... Forget about it you ain't stopping any time soon...

Pay the money for the Bilstiens you won't regret it...

Auto Transport Service
Back