• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Quality Parts Vendor Suggestions 62 Dart re-commission

Jason Maitland

Local time
8:32 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys... I am about to re-commission a totally original 62 Dart sedan, 318 poly, 440trim model which hasn't run since 1975 (se we believe)
As I am based in Australia, I am engaging a restoration shop to re-commission the entire brake and fuel systems TO START WITH; I know I will have to go through EVERYTHING, But to start we are attending to these items..., prior to shipping the car here.
To keep it simple, I was just going to order parts, including a new Gas Tank/Sender through Classic Industries, however I thought I would just ask the question to see IF there is a higher quality parts provider I should use? I'm guessing all parts are made in China these days, but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask!
Any recommendations much appreciated! The car is located in Denver CO.

Thanks! Jason

I buy all my brake and rear end stuff from Cass aka Dr. Diff. As far as fuel tanks, Spectra (made in Canada) is probably the most popular. Pay the extra couple of bucks for their premium line. There are way better places to buy parts from than Classic, pretty much anywhere else imo.

I buy all my brake and rear end stuff from Cass aka Dr. Diff. As far as fuel tanks, Spectra (made in Canada) is probably the most popular. Pay the extra couple of bucks for their premium line. There are way better places to buy parts from than Classic, pretty much anywhere else imo.
Hey - thank you so much for the feedback... I figured as much, but being out of touch for years, needed some guidance! - I will research those vendors, and I also will need front end/suspension parts, and also poly rebuild parts when the time comes - if you have recommendations for those!?

PST is a vendor on here and sells decent suspension parts/kits. They also offer a 10% discount to members of FBBO.

PST is a vendor on here and sells decent suspension parts/kits. They also offer a 10% discount to members of FBBO.
I just did a search for Spectra gas tanks, but it seems they don't make them 62 models? Any other suggestions? Only one I can find is from OER, which I'm guessing you don't rate!?

I just did a search for Spectra gas tanks, but it seems they don't make them 62 models? Any other suggestions? Only one I can find is from OER, which I'm guessing you don't rate!?

20170407_203330.jpg
20170407_203753.jpg
20170408_150509.jpg

And the pad that goes on top. REM part #MF244
20170501_140707.jpg

Taking Up New Residence

Last edited:
Thanks buddy... Not sure why my search only brought up 63 onwards, I'll now search for both items with part numbers thanks to your kind assistance

Okay... That's great, who did you actually use to purchase from? I think Rock Auto may stock them, I will need to ship to Denver

Thanks, how do I find him?
Thanks I found Joe's details... If I need used parts I'll contact him!... Now I just need to find a stockists of fuel system components as above!?

Thanks I found Joe's details... If I need used parts I'll contact him!... Now I just need to find a stockists of fuel system components as above!?

Joe handles mostly new parts. Great guy to deal with. He should have or put you in touch with any suppliers.

To find the parts that I posted I would suggest Google the description and Part number and see what comes up. Many suppliers out there that could have what you're looking for. Contact the company itself and see if they have it or they will put you in touch with the vendor that has it. Too many years have gone by to guarantee where I bought them.

FYI - Dr Diff / Cass DO NOT stock pre-64 Brake parts unless upgrading to disk etc

Okay... That's great, who did you actually use to purchase from? I think Rock Auto may stock them, I will need to ship to Denver CO
Okay - So I contacted Spectra directly to ask about the gas tank; they advise me that the CR12 IS NOT for a 62, it is for 63' and some 62' Plymouths. However, I assume this is just a mistaken omission on their behalf? Can you confirm the CR12 is indeed a direct exact replacement for our 62' Darts? Mine is a sedan if that makes any difference... thanks again!

Okay - So I contacted Spectra directly to ask about the gas tank; they advise me that the CR12 IS NOT for a 62, it is for 63' and some 62' Plymouths. However, I assume this is just a mistaken omission on their behalf? Can you confirm the CR12 is indeed a direct exact replacement for our 62' Darts? Mine is a sedan if that makes any difference... thanks again!

As you can see in the photos I posted it's the same tank. I bought mine from Spectra when they were vendors at Chryslers at Carlisle one year and that was the tank they sold me. Perfect match, perfect fit.

You'll find when owning a '62 that a lot of parts are not listed for the '62 but are the same as a newer vehicle. Also they get left out of a lot of listings when looking for parts.

I see Rock Auto list one and they only have one left. I believe it was $181 which is a lot cheaper than any listings I've seen. Some were over $400. If you look up a gas tank for a '62 Dodge Dart on Rock Auto they don't show a tank for it. If you type in CR12A they show one. I'd contact them to make sure their inventory is correct. Just ask about the part number, don't tell them what you're working on.
SPECTRA PREMIUM CR12A Fuel Tank | RockAuto

Good luck.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back