Best Reproduction Door Handles

Exterior Body, Paint, Trim, Chrome

1. dodge68charger

dodge68charger Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:38 AM
    Looking For Some New Exterior Door Handles For My 69 Satellite..

Any Recommendations On What Company To Buy From? I Dont Want Overseas Junk Lol

Thanks

2. Jerry Hall

Jerry Hall FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    11:38 AM
    :popcorn2:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • 67charger383

67charger383 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      12:38 PM
    • hunt2elk

hunt2elk FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
      11:38 AM
      Dales Cuda Shop sells the best ones out there imo. Richard @69bfan and others purchased DCS last year and could fill you in on the handles.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • VFilms

VFilms FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
        I've read here on FBBO that reproduction handles for '66/'67 where not of the best quality so I had my original handles re-chromed for less than the cost of reproductions. Buttons too.

• 66ChargerHI-PO

66ChargerHI-PO FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
        Murray Park has some for $75.00 BUT they are repop. May I however suggest Tony's Parts in Delaware, or Mopar City that is closing down. These 2 will have originals...

Screenshot_2020-11-02-00-51-27.jpg

• 69bfan

69bfan FBBO Vendor FBBO Sponsor

Local Time:
        The handles that we offer are cast here in the US and plated in Mexico. Not the cheapest handles that are available, but quality plating does not come cheap. You will find reproductions from $45 to $125.

Be aware that some of the handles that are advertised as factory original handles are the 72 to 93 Dodge truck handles. The profile is very close until you install them and notice a slight gap at the door shell to the handle itself.

Also know that the spring and ball mechanism may vary from how your car was equipped vs what you will get with a replacement handle. You will simply just swap out with our original mechanism which is just held in place with a phillip screw.

The other thing to ask is if your doing an early production car, prior to January 1st, 69, is those cars used the black push button. All of us vendors charge more for the handles with the black button, but you can simply change out the button if you change out the mechanism, it is the same screw holding the assembly together.

For those looking for the overall best scenario, rechroming a good set of originals is the best choice. But most chrome shops will end up charging you significantly more than what the more expensive reproductions cost.

• YY1

YY1 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        I believe those truck handles also angle down at the outside quite a bit when installed on a car.

• Agree Agree x 1
        1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
          By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.