• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best source for 71 Charger R/T hood decal

Fm3 Dart

Local time
12:58 PM
Reaction score
I need a new decal for a 1971 Charger R/T Ramcharger hood
I see a few places offering them. I want one that is as accurate as possible. It needs to have the square hole for the trap door scoop. Anyone have experience with the different brands to share?
Thanks.

Performance Car Graphics. Probably the toughest decal to get on straight with no body lines to reference and the square opening has to line up perfect.

hemicharger.jpg

Performance car graphics has been bought by Mike Mancini ...in Rhode Island......he is tooling up to remake the performance car graphics stripes ...........right at this moment Phoenix graphics only choice.......can be used but 2x as much work as performance car graphics!!!!

I would wait until Performance Car Graphics has theirs ready. You could also check with Dale's Cuda Shop. Me personally? I would steer clear of Phoenix....

Why no Phoenix?
They refuse to make their Super Bee rump stripes correct. Do a search on here and I'm sure you will find reference to it. Performance Car Graphics and Dale's Cuda Shop actually cares about what they sell....

They refuse to make their Super Bee rump stripes correct. Do a search on here and I'm sure you will find reference to it. Performance Car Graphics and Dale's Cuda Shop actually cares about what they sell....

Oh! So they don't only refuse to make the correct color shade on the phasered stripes for 73/74 Rallye stripes, but also this...

Nice attitude!

Oh! So they don't only refuse to make the correct color shade on the phasered stripes for 73/74 Rallye stripes, but also this...

Nice attitude!
I didn't know they had another inferior stripe. But yeah, it is really easy to spot a Super Bee stripe that came from them. The "BEE" is not clocked correctly. I had mine installed on a freshly painted car before realizing how bad it was. I ripped it off that same night and luckily didn't damage the clearcoat. They did refund me for the cost of the stripe, but I was out my time and the money I paid to have it installed. Bought a correct one from Performance Car Graphics that is perfect...

The phasered 73/74 rallye stripes they made are missing the last black/darker shade. They look quite "fine" on light body color cars, but totally wrong on dark color cars.

Its a shame because the "silkscreen" pattern made on them being made printed are a fine job, but...

Performance car graphics has been bought by Mike Mancini ...in Rhode Island......he is tooling up to remake the performance car graphics stripes ...........right at this moment Phoenix graphics only choice.......can be used but 2x as much work as performance car graphics!!!!
Wonder what the deal is....I just spoke to a guy at PCG not a month ago about a custom Super Bee hood decal (solid black, no reflective Bee).

I believe the original owner of performance car graphics was Dave patik.....correct me if wrong ......he passed away recently and Mike Mancini owner of American muscle car restoration in Rhode island has purchased the performance car graphics business name and is now in the process of remaking all the stripes on high quality 3 m paper like the previous owner used which is time consuming I would guess....and who knows covid supply issues probably also playing a hand in it ..... thanks all I know

Thanks for all the replies.
Well, hopefully I can find a top quality hood decal that has the Ramcharger hole pre cut. I don’t want to mess around trying to cut that hole

I messed around with cutting the whole on mine as my car is not an R/T so I just but the blackout without a hole.

51978522740_266a2aefd7_z.jpg

I believe the original owner of performance car graphics was Dave patik.....correct me if wrong ......he passed away recently and Mike Mancini owner of American muscle car restoration in Rhode island has purchased the performance car graphics business name and is now in the process of remaking all the stripes on high quality 3 m paper like the previous owner used which is time consuming I would guess....and who knows covid supply issues probably also playing a hand in it ..... thanks all I know
I do remember the guy saying they use the best materials...3M etc. Could've been Mancini not sure. Like I said, this was about a month ago I made the call if that

Got somewhat of an update from them. I wanted the 71 RT hood blackout but, just as one solid blackout. No callouts or lettering. It's going to be a minute as it sounds like they are playing catch up on orders (my personal speculation). Mike's response to my email below (within a 48hr period mind you). More than happy to wait and support.
Screenshot_20220427-111015_Gmail.jpg

To the OP @Fm3 Dart just curious if you are removing an old hood decal and plan to replace with a new decal? I’m asking because I need to do the same. Wondering how best to remove the old decal. The hood decal on my 71 R/T has developed a couple splits.

I already removed my hood decal. The best method is to use a stripe eraser wheel. It doesn’t hurt the paint and minimal cleanup since it erases most of the glue too

Auto Transport Service
Back