• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Sunglasses for Racing

Endangered Species

Local time
7:09 PM
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting a pair of Sunglasses for when I'm racing.

What color lenses are you guys using?

Thanks

Kevin

Street racing starter pack: Challenger Hellcat and vintage cazal glasses :D

IMG_0389.JPG

If you're talking about winning bracket races. It depends on the type of tree bulbs.

I’ve used grey and brown lenses. Didn’t really see any advantage to either. But unless it’s dark I always use them. Even on cloudy days.
Doug

For night racing I used the yellow lens.The type used at shooting ranges.
Didn't seem to make a difference in day time. Still turned the red bulb on.:BangHead:

I wear Rose colored glasses so I don't feel so bad when I lose. :poke:

My home track looks directly into the setting sun, so the darkest glasses I can get in the late afternoon, then lighter after dark when the brighter light from the Christmas tree can cause red lights.
Having to use prescription shades cuts down on the choices.
You could experiment with cheap yellow tint safety glasses to see if they work for you, before investing in shooting glasses. Yellow seems to brighten up stuff for me.

Thanks for the input guys, that's what I was looking for. I've never spent more than $15.00 for a pair of sunglasses. I didn't want to go pay $60 - $100 + dollars on a pair only to find out they suck for racing.
Does Polarized make a difference?

My prescription shades are polarized, and I think it helps. It also does slightly distort perceptions occasionally, usually looking through glass into the other guys car.

My prescription shades are polarized, and I think it helps. It also does slightly distort perceptions occasionally, usually looking through glass into the other guys car.

Yah, I need to have scripts also, I don't understand it... I'm only 29 lol.
I've read where Polarized helps with glair but things like looking at your phone can be a problem.

Mine are polarized prescription as well.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back