• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Torque Wrench

moparnation74

Local time
1:31 PM
Reaction score
My old Craftsman has seen the end of its life. So I am looking for the ideal torque wrench.

I am not searching for the cheapest one and willing to pay up for a good one...

What I need is a 1/2 drive high torque with a long handle greater than 24" but smaller than 48" 20-250 roughly and digital...

So I am asking for professional opinions as what would be the best manufacturer...

I appreciate any opinions...

I use nothing but Snap On ,watch for used ones but watch out for the ones that are misused and make sure their calibrated ,we do all our own

I use nothing but Snap On ,watch for used ones but watch out for the ones that are misused and make sure their calibrated ,we do all our own
Thanks my friend! Snap On is number one so far....I am going to buying it new when I do but want to gather opinions before I drop that coin.....

I have friends that use the other brand it all depends on what you do but make sure they are accurate ,nothing like being off I use inch pounds ,foot pounds ,and newton meter

My Snap-on is 40+ years old. Our local dealer has a calibration bench in his truck.Several times a years I have him check it out when he stops in.It has never been out of adjustment, but I'm the only one that uses it.

Justin, My snap on is my go to torque wrench, tools like that I pay big bucks for. I do have a Pittsburg and craftsman also but snap on is always the first one to come out.

Justin, My snap on is my go to torque wrench, tools like that I pay big bucks for. I do have a Pittsburg and craftsman also but snap on is always the first one to come out.
Whats the length of yours? Is it digital?

Lmao I’ll give you my Pittsburgh for xmas, and no the snap on is not digital
Well you did try to sell my car earlier today.....I just thought it would be a kind gesture of you, lol....referring to the snap on digital...

Guess I don't have advice since I stay away from everything digital lol. Can't go wrong with Snap On though. I personally like the long pointer type where there's no moving parts to go bad or use a dial indicator to measure bolt stretch. Good luck.

I use the digital Snap-on ones myself (machine shop). I have three, but use them all of the time at work. I like how the LED's work, the handle vibrates at set torque, and a buzzer goes off. The 1/2" one is between $500-$600, so if you don't use it often or do any torque angles, a lesser expensive one might work out better for you. I have seen ones on fleabay for about $125, but won't comment on quality.

I use the digital Snap-on ones myself (machine shop). I have three, but use them all of the time at work. I like how the LED's work, the handle vibrates at set torque, and a buzzer goes off. The 1/2" one is between $500-$600, so if you don't use it often or do any torque angles, a lesser expensive one might work out better for you. I have seen ones on fleabay for about $125, but won't comment on quality.
Good information...thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back