• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best wheel dollies??

Hilljack68

Local time
7:24 PM
Reaction score
I'm about to put a ceiling in the pole barn, which will require moving the Coronet around while I do each section. I've read some good and some bad reviews about various wheel dollies, but am interested in what you guys have used... liked... hated. Thanks for the input.

Well, I got some from Amazon this year and they work nicely! They have bearings in the wheels, are red in color, and around 80 bucks a pair. Don't have the info in front of me at this moment. :thumbsup::thumbsup: ruffcut

Purple Go Jack's work well, used them often in a friends storage facility. He has 4, and the storage rack has wheels too. You can operate the entire wheel jack by foot. No need to jack up the car onto the dolly. Not cheap, but we used them to shuffle around a dozen cars.
Not sure how they would work on a rough surfaced floor.
For 1 car with limited use, I would cheap out with Harbor freight dollies.
Screenshot_20211125-090717_Chrome.jpg

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/GoJa...3hG3S2JJB3vleSMoSaow8MqjWmXa3IIoaAtokEALw_wcB

Last edited:
Go jacks got my vote ..tough floors are tough on casters though.. never failed just harder to move.

GoJacks are the top of the line and the HF Daytona copies (the yellow ones) are very good as well. That style of jack is well worth the money as far as ease of use and ease of moving a car.

Princess Auto, probably the same as your Harbour Freight, work just fine. I move the cars myself... although they roll so well that's not highly advised! Especially when you poured your floor so it slopes out the doors... LOL
beerestorationfall2018 972.JPG

Finally opted to spend the money on GoJacks! Well worth the money! I had been using those piece of $#!t steel tire cradles on swivel wheels for the last 15 years...UGH!

Auto Transport Service
Back