• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beter schematics than factory assembly manual?

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:39 PM
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone uses a better set of schematics and connector identification other than the factory assembly manual.

My tail lights are not working no is my guages. Not sure from the schematics how the tail lights are wired in the dash.

Thanks MF

Tail lights should run right fro0m the headlamp switch, down the drivers kick panel
and on to the rear. I'm assuming you checked the fuse for the tail lights. If the fuse is blown the cigar lighter and dome light should be out also. Guages check the power to the gauge circuit board on the back of the dash. Most likely a broken or corroded pin.

Thanks Gwin, would you happen to know the color of the wire routed from the seitch panel down through the kick panel? My fuses are good. I have a bunch of disconnects from previos owner.
Thank you

18 gauge back wire in a 6-way Packard connector, driver's side kick panel

BTW, I’ve used the factory service manual wiring diagrams for many years, never found better anywhere.

Auto Transport Service
Back