• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Between these two TV characters, who do you think was more entertaining?

Between these two TV characters, who do you think was more entertaining?

• Arthur Carlson - Station Manager WKRP in Cincinnati

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Lt. Colonel Henry Blake - Commanding officer 4077th M.A.S.H.

Votes: 26 72.2%

• Total voters

idrivemopar

Local time
3:11 PM
Reaction score
They both have very funny situations on each show, but between these two TV characters, who do you think was more entertaining?

Arthur Carlson - Station Manager WKRP in Cincinnati
gordon-jump-photos.jpg

Lt. Colonel Henry Blake - Commanding officer 4077th M.A.S.H.
101ba2824b6b8f9ebf913f95bf079786--mclean-stevenson-colonel.jpg

Blake! Don't get me wrong,.... I loved WKRP, but early MASH was great! Later episodes got a little preachy for me and I liked Trapper John better. BJ was too whiney most of the time!

M*A*S*H is still my all time favorite show. Have to agree, Danny DeVito was a funny SOB in Taxi. LOL

Col Blake was more instrumental to the shows and was pretty funny. Carlson never seemed very involved in the plots and seemed like an extra character imho. MASH stopped being MASH when he left and it should have been over when Burns exited the show.

Henry was funny, but he was such a puss always letting Hawkeye do whatever he wanted to. The show ran too long - once it got into every episode was another Hawkeye piss and moan session, it wasn't funny anymore.

Carlson was funny and you never knew what he was going to come up with next.

Don't forget another great character - Archie Bunker!

Archie Liberal Bullshit Again.jpg

I got to go with Art. Although I liked MASH, I never cared for Henry.

Then too Barney Miller was my favorite.

If you liked the vacant Carlson character, but thought things were left on the table ...

I submit Stephen Root as the station owner in "News Radio" also starring the great Phil Hartman (RIP), Dave Foley, Mora Tierny, Joe Rogan, and Andy Dick.

I liked them both I watched them both
I liked WHRP a bit more...
Lonnie Anderson may have helped tip the scale too
But;
I picked Arthur Carlson
it was sort of a toss up, so many shows that were great...

M.A.S.H. IMO was a bit more
Hollyweird political satire at times for me...
I hated politics back then...

Auto Transport Service
Back