• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beutiful exhaust manifolds in no time

Ingemar Viklund

Local time
4:34 PM
Reaction score
Tried an old trick on my ugly decolorized, rusty exhaustmanifolds. No need to remove them. Scrubbed them with some sandpaper the best I could and then smeared on grey stovepolish with a rag. Wiped away the overflow with some paper and started the engine and let it run til hot. The stovepolish will make some light smoke in the beginning but will stop quickly. Result is amazing with almost no effort.

20230401_200726.jpg

look great do you have a picture of this stuff
look great do you have a picture of this stuff
Where I live in Sweden it's called spissvärta But this one should be the same, just be sure to get the grey stuff and not the black. It will smoke a little on your first warmup and smell a little, but it will go away quickly.

Screenshot_20230405-032751_Chrome.jpg

Sounds a little like the Calyk manifold dressing you can buy. Does the stove Polish soak in and dry or does it continue to rub off on your hands when doing maintenance like changing plugs. I used Calyk on my 67s manifolds 20 years ago and they still look good but get anywhere near them and the stuff still rubs off all over your hands.

Sounds a little like the Calyk manifold dressing you can buy. Does the stove Polish soak in and dry or does it continue to rub off on your hands when doing maintenance like changing plugs. I used Calyk on my 67s manifolds 20 years ago and they still look good but get anywhere near them and the stuff still rubs off all over your hands.
Nothing like that when I used this stuff. After the first warmup it smoked a little bit and littery burned into the manifolds. after cooling down I just took a rag and took of the excessiv moist. Will not hold for years to come, but quite easy procedure to keep them look great again.

Auto Transport Service
Back