• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beware the Ides of March. Was your day unlucky?

SteveSS

Local time
1:40 PM
Reaction score
Mine wasn't bad but my daughter had a very unlucky day. First, she had to go to a dentist in Denver for pain. The dentist couldn't find anything. She was nice and went to check on Grandma at the ranch because Grandma's little dog was attacked by the barn cat. My daughter took a shortcut which is 2 lane highway and got a speeding ticket.

I've talked about this cat before. He is a feral cat but he got used to the attention and is a real lover. That is until you stop giving him love. So after she stopped petting the cat she got swiped across the face with a claw pretty badly leaving cuts on the side of her face, her eyebrow, and her nose. Then back to Castle Rock, Colorado which is a 30-minute drive but she was stuck in a 45-minute traffic jam. It wasn't until later I heard today was the Ides of March.

EXPLANATION:

If you want to avoid bad luck, beware the ides of March.

The date was certainly unlucky for Julius Caesar, who was assassinated in front of the Roman senate on March 15. William Shakespeare dramatized the event in his play about Caesar with the famous quote, 'beware the ides of March.”

Since then, March 15 - the middle or 'ides” of the month - is considered an unlucky date for people who believe in superstitions. Other unfortunate incidents over the years have helped cement that date as unlucky, forever placing it as a day of misfortune.

I wouldn't consider getting a bonus at work today a bad thing. Maybe the amount of taxes they took out of it was.

^^^Same here. With 35% off the top in taxes...greedy gub'mint bastards.

I'm not superstitious in the least.
I'm not either and walked under ladders, broke mirrors and stepped on cracks in the sidewalks.....but maybe there is something to it because my mom died (stepping on the cracks broke her back?) and have had way too many crazy girlfriends and two failed marriages....

Auto Transport Service
Back