• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bid Already Too High??

tnfastback

Local time
7:55 PM
Reaction score
This car/auction was posted on FBBO a few weeks ago and ends tomorrow. I followed it just to see what price it ends up selling for. I think the bid is already too high, but thought it makes for an interesting conversation. Considering the bidding will most like increase quite a bit before ending tomorrow, is the current bid ($19125) already more than the car is worth considering what it would take to rebuild and most likely will have a Salvage Title?

https://www.iaai.com/VehicleSearch/SearchDetails?Keyword=1968+charger

If a restoration shop bought it for close to that they may come out ok on it. If someone bought it and took it to be restored not so much.

wasnt this car posted awhile back here?
and...is it my eyes or is the floor buckled too !!
ouch !!

wonder if that could be pulled back to square even....?

Yeah it was on here, so I decided out of curiosity to follow it. I received an email yesterday when the bidding began. Auction ends tomorrow at around Noon EST.

Posting VIN for future possible reference:

VIN: XP29F8B402732

resizer.jpeg

Plus a Public Buyer account is $200 per year; and there is a hefty buyer's fee for the winning bidder.

I used to go to their auctions in Savannah.

That last bid is at least three times what I think it's worth. But I have no interest at all in anything that needs that much work.

The buyer will be regretting this purchase for years to come unless he has deep pockets and does not care... If he does have FU money he should just buy a nice one...

that quarter that has exposed metal shows alot of filler. Wonder what the rest looks like underneath. Hope the higher bidder has skills. Its easy for us that do this all the time and have the proper equipment . But to the novice. I wish them luck.

Yeah it was on here, so I decided out of curiosity to follow it. I received an email yesterday when the bidding began. Auction ends tomorrow at around Noon EST.

How much was the winning bid?

Maybe it's my screen...but I can't see the filler. That would still be good value over here....they are so expensive this side of the puddle! Personally I would far rather deal with a rust free (if indeed it is...) crash damaged car 3 than a straight but rusty car.

Maybe it's my screen...but I can't see the filler. That would still be good value over here....they are so expensive this side of the puddle! Personally I would far rather deal with a rust free (if indeed it is...) crash damaged car 3 than a straight but rusty car.
Above the wheel well and in front. Most cars like this to be able to get them straighter than New. Get there share of Mud. a dry wall trowel to apply and a 4 foot long block to make them straight.

Auto Transport Service
Back