• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big Bloc Kickdown

Plumber452

Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 1964 Plymouth Fury Wagon that someone started swapping in a 413 and , I'm pretty sure, a big block automatic. My problem is the Kickdown linkage and bracket. I'm fairly certain that they came with the engine/trans that was being swapped into the car but I can't tell how they should mount or if they even will. I apologize for the pictures, they may be hard to put together what's going on. The wagon is an original automatic car that someone has cut the shift cables but the "New" engine trans has attached cables that haven't been cut. It appears the cable were disconnected at the dash. Any help is appreciated.
Kickdown1.jpg
Kickdown2.jpg
Kickdown3.jpg
Kickdown4.jpg

Early B-bodies just had a simple rod from carb to kick down lever. None of that 3-piece stuff.

So, I just need to get a kickdown setup for a big block B body? And i assume I'll need a longer throttle cable. It's always "Fun" coming in behind someone else isn't it?

A & A Transmission, near Indianapolis should be able to fix you up with the kickdown rod. The 3-piece kickdown linkage fits '66 and newer. There is also a bracket that bolts to the rear of the intake manifold that guides the kickdown rod.

Thanks!!! While under the car today, locating a coolant leak that I was using air to find, I got a good picture of the block number. I've attached that picture. Found my leak, a rusted out freeze plug.....
Block Number 2.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back