• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big block B Body K frame swap question

TheCordobaKid

Local time
4:45 AM
Reaction score
I'm currently doing an engine swap in my 1977 Cordoba from the J code 360 to a 440. I found a guy on Craigslist with a BB K frame from a 68 Charger that is very clean. Does anyone know if the 68 K frame would swap into the 77 B body or is it too different from the original to work?

The 66 through 72 k members use pad type mounts and are a solid mount to the frame rails. they will not work. you need a BB 73 to 79 b body k member, or conversion mounts from shumacher

Any word on how much modifications is required for the shumacher mounts? I heard there was a bit of drilling and filing involved but that they worked well.

I don't think so with the V8 to V8 mounts. I do know if going from a slant to V8 using Shumacher kit you do have to trim the driver side bracket on the K frame. I did the swap on a 80 Aspen.

From what I read on their website it says something about drilling a 9/16s hole and shaving the driver side perch. It doesn't look difficult just a little annoying.

It has to be easier & cheaper than swapping a k-member

Schumacher mounts on a 73 SB to BB were cake. I took a few pics when I swapped a 383 for a 318. http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/project-wannabee.92433/#post-910617247 I had the K-Frame out and the engine on a hoist so I did the mods in the instructions and then took a trial and error approach on grinding the top of the mount on the driver's side. Otherwise everything worked just like they said. I actually ended up with an extra set of mounts NIB if you want to go that way.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back