• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big block bell housing 2468372 question.

64SF

Local time
11:30 AM
Reaction score
I need a little help in determining if a cast bell housing number 2468372 will work in my application. I've seen different opinions as to whether or not it will. Is there a difference in the mounting ball bracket that bolts on to the housing?

I'm working on a 65 Satellite, 383 car and converting to a 4 speed. Any thoughts or comments will be appreciated. Thanks.

That bell housing number is generally for 66 and up. Also, what transmission are you intending on using and do you know it’s bearing retainer size?

That bell housing number is generally for 66 and up. Also, what transmission are you intending on using and do you know it’s bearing retainer size?
883 from a 65, small retainer.

The 8372 will probably work for you. If it doesn’t let me know, I’ll buy it. I’m looking for that one right now too. Sometimes, there may be small differences for the z bar mounts and those things but I bet you’ll be just fine.

The 8372 will probably work for you. If it doesn’t let me know, I’ll buy it. I’m looking for that one right now too. Sometimes, there may be small differences for the z bar mounts and those things but I bet you’ll be just fine.

I’ll keep you posted. Looks like with the right ball bracket and the fork bracket it should be ok.

The info I have lists it as a 65 B body big block housing. Brewers also mentions that it works in 65 B bodies as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back