• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big Block Valley Pan??

Cncguy1

Local time
5:02 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone used these valley pans to eliminate the original valley pan? I just can't wrap my head around how this seals.

Also has anyone used with stock heads?

20181018_160653.jpg

RTFT !! It clearly says these are for aftermarket heads with unbroken deck surfaces !!

I am currently running the Trickflow valley cover with removable inspection cover (Summit). I used the "bat wing" intake gasket holders from ARE to seal everything up. I have had this engine running all summer and not a drip of oil from this setup. Think I paid around $150 or so for the valley cover and maybe $30 for the bat wings.

I did have .050" removed from each side of my Victor intake to make everything line up perfectly.

IMG_9424.JPG

While most are here to provide help you will get the asshole response that is typically wrong anyway and one that no one pays attention too...
I have bought the same pan but unfortunately. I haven't started putting it together to tell you how it fits...
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I am currently running the Trickflow valley cover with removable inspection cover (Summit). I used the "bat wing" intake gasket holders from ARE to seal everything up. I have had this engine running all summer and not a drip of oil from this setup. Think I paid around $150 or so for the valley cover and maybe $30 for the bat wings.

I did have .050" removed from each side of my Victor intake to make everything line up perfectly.

View attachment 668995
What are the bat wing gasket holders????

This guys site always seems hard to find but he manufactures some nice stuff!
http://arengineering.com/

The bat wings provide a thin metal gasket at the intake runners but also provide a 90 degree surface that seals against the aftermarket valley covers.

Look in my picture where my intake meets the valley pan. There is that sealing surface that the bat wings provide that you won't have otherwise

Last edited:
If you want to run a Edelbrock Performer RPM and not use the stock valley pan that's the pan that you need to clear the underside of the manifold. a flat cover like the ones from Indy cylinder head will not clear the RPM manifold.that's what the cutouts is for.the draw back is if you need to remove the valley cover you will have to lift or remove one of the heads.
photo-3.jpg
photo (2).JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back