• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big Critter Under Shed

Could be a "cabbit", one of our big tomcats got a hold of a female rabbit once.....

What ever it is, it digs.

Could be as simple as raccoon or possum.

It's a pygmy Bigfoot. Very rare.

I put my money on a ground hog, I have them here and kill them all the time, there is a never ending supply. skunks also, skunks usually don't dig they find a home and just move in, what ever is there moves out.

Before I'd poke a broom handle around down there I would make damn sure it isn't a Badger!

Bobcat or young Lynx {?} could be possibly
looks kind of like a cat type print, no claws
doesn't look like a dog/like print, hence the above guess

Animal Tracks #1a.png

Animal tracks #1.jpg

Animal tracks #2.jpg

Animal tracks #5 dogs & the likes.png

Animal tracks #1b.jpg

my guess would be a groundhog but the ones I encountered in my back pole building create some large tunnels I don't seem to see in your photos. Yeah a live trap could work if you don't go the kill route just take it far away maybe to a big city or someone who's an a-hole and let it go...my dear departed mom would be so pissed if I'd suggest killing it...

Be safe-- find someone with a .50cal. and ask for his help. Anyone with one of those will always be willing to fire it.

Monkeywolf! Time for some silver bullets.

What state are you in? Depending on that could be skunk, armadillo, badger, groundhog, fox, bear, ...

The best way to get the critter out so you can deal with it's point of entry is with the use of $1.49 bottle of ammonia from Walfart. You know most varmints have a very sensitive nose and actually careen away from objectional odors. Ammonia soaked rags or fogged into the area will have it running like hell for fresh air. The stuff also makes their eyes water profusely.

Piss in the holes, it's free and safe and the critters hate human scent. Could be a predator after a meal, hungry animal hunts hard. It looks like it is circling the shed to find easy way under. The mud tracks back and forth from hole to hole show this.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back